kiln error 1 beadcube

Started by jammie, October 07, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammie

had my kiln on torched for a couple of hours then its started beeping and has error message 1...its a beadcube, says switch off which i did now the temps rapidly dropping , it says in ym booklet heater element failure , controller relay failure any ideas anyone, my beads are all going to be knacked and it was the best load i have doen for months !  :'(

JKC

Sorry Jammie, no help here, if they survive, you should hopefully be able to anneal them at a later stage.  janet

Flyingcheesetoastie

How long have you had the kiln for?  It's probably still under warranty with Kilncare...No consolation for the contents I know...

helbels

Leave the door CLOSED and let the kiln cool to zero naturally.   The beads may well be fine, and if they are, you can simply anneal them next time.

Also, found this advice on an earlier thread from Lee referencing Error 1 on the Beadcube:

" Plug a desk lamp into the KCR1, leave the thermocouple plugged in and try to "fire" the lamp. If it lights it is a kiln issue, if it doesn't it is the controller.

At the risk of making myself sound like a tool for the second day running, I doubt it will be the kiln as we are yet to have an element blow in a Bead Cube"

Phone Kilncare tomorrow, Lee will sort you out.

jammie

Too late  for my beads sadly the temp plummeted and i just took them out, they were big so doubt they would've survived.  :(
Thanks Helen, I did that with the light and it wouldn't light up so the relay I think. I will phone Lee tomorrow.
The kilns not under warranty Rachel, I bought it second hand a few years ago.  Hopefully it wont cost too much and we can do it here and not send it off.

jammie

hes sending a new controller yaas!  :)

Lee - Kilncare

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

jammie