Toolbox Kiln

Started by Beansprout, September 08, 2013, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beansprout

Tried out the toolbox kiln on it's first proper garage today! Lots of room, I was able to chuck a few uglies in there too just incase! I wasn't on my best form in terms of filling it up, but it was great to know that I had plenty of room anyway! The Toolboxkiln is  a similar size to the Maxine from Kilncare, the step up from the beadcube.

I had to do quite a bit of research on this kiln- not even Lee from KC knew what it was! It was made by a guy called Don McKinney in America. I think he was making them for something like 20 years? He has retired now and has left all the info on his website.

When I got it it needed a bit of Tender Loving Care: The contacts on the controller had corroded so the buttons weren't working, and the element wire had overheated and snapped. Luckily my Bloke's dad is a bit of a dab hand at fixing things!

It should have ramped down by tomorrow so I'll update you on what comes out!

Purple Cobwebs

Sounds interesting. Pics?
;D
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Lee - Kilncare

OOOOOOO well done, did you manage to source the controller in the end then?

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Beansprout

Lee- we didn't need a new one in the end, Bloke's dad fixed it! Just rubbed the contacts on the buttons with magic and the buttons work a treat :) The coil and the quartz tubing is a bit more of a concern, but we'd have to source new ones from America so that would cost a bit, but Bloke's dad has sorted it temporarily ^^

Pictures !! GOOD IDEA lemme go grab a few :) Got my bounty out this morning and no crackies!