Preparing to set up Nortel Minor with natural gas

Started by Baubles, August 24, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baubles

Hi all, I am very new to the torchwork scene and would like any suggestions on connecting natural gas to a Nortel Minor in a domestic property in the UK.  From what I have read it is not allowed to use the push on hose tails supplied with the Nortel Minor with a natural gas setup and requires threaded cone connectors on the flexible hose.

If this is so are the hose tail connectors removable to allow a threaded adaptor to be fitted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Baubles

Barnacle Bay

I have been looking into this myself, you will need to get a registered gas/plumber to do it and you will have to make sure that you have enough pressure coming in from the main gas supply, not sure about the fitting but I am sure the plumber will be able to advise.  Sorry cannot be of any further help.

Moira HFG

This topic has come up before, it seems it's not impossible but very, very difficult to find a gas fitter who'll oblige.
Propane is so much less hassle!

Charli

i tried to get set up with a bobcat and had the same issue, it all comes down to finding a plumber who will do it. 13 plumbers refused, but then i called the torch a bunsen burner and found a plumber who didn't mind!

♥♥Tan♥♥

If I recall Ray Skene is very knowledgeable on this subject

Kaz

It should be done by a Gas Safe registered fitter not an unregistered plumber. Because it's a bit weird, most Gas Safe registered fitters would not touch it in case it jeopardised their registration. I believe that Donna at Rockin Beads has hers connected to the gas supply so it may be worth asking her.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!