Sticky Subject ... Classes and Teaching

Started by MangoBeads, August 18, 2013, 01:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

We all want lessons with you and suggest you move nearer to each of us! Stop worrying and get some rest, after all your stress you must need to relax a bit. X
www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

Madam Steph

Yes....I'm waiting for your next class, Manda  ;D

Linda xxx

HelenV

I`m also waiting for more tutorials and classes lovely Manda!

I don`t think in any way people will be put off - your reputation is an excellent one, and I think the majority, if not all who have read the various posts on FB will understand and agree with the need for a little addition to the T&C's. In any other business this would be standard practice.

I think for the purposes of clarity, your code of conduct should be added into your T&C's which people have to tick to say that they agree to before coming on a class with you.

It probably won`t stop the minority of copy cats unfortunately, but it will give black and white answers as to what people can and can`t do.

The only other thing to consider is to refuse certain people, who you know are the ones directly copying you, access to your courses. Easier said than done I know but your beautiful designs are the product of hours and hours of hard work on your part, and why should you allow anyone to sabotage that.

Hope David is feeling better and that you are both getting a bit more sleep :-)

Hxx

www.helenvanekdesign.co.uk
www.etsy.com/shop/helenvanekdesign

qwirkyglass

I think you should have a little thing that lets people know what they can and cannot do.
My tutor at uni does a lot of commission work and everytime he has a consultation he signs what is basically a gag order.
I know that is a little extreme, but all buisnesses have guidlines and rules to help them survive. Why should the lamping world be any different. I love the fact that people are so willing to help each other, its not always that way.
But there will always be people that take it too silly places and dont have many morals.
But have you heard of ACID?
http://www.acid.uk.com/
I know a stained glass artist that had similar problems and so she joined ACID, and i think it works that you submit your design and a date you created it, then they have proof its yours and if you do get someone copying, they can help as they have you original. Does that make sense?
I might be wrong i havent looked into it much, but it might help. :)
Hope everything gets better soon :D