Paragon programme wrongly saved!!

Started by Beckyboo17, July 28, 2013, 09:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beckyboo17

>:( I hope this is the right place for this and please forgive me if it is not. I have today after many months attempted to programme my sc2, I decided it is not that scary and I should be brave!! I originally didn't understand the many tutorials on you tube, the very detailed explanations on here nor did I understand the "idiots" guide Martin at tuffnell's sent me and managed to mess up programme 1, I don't know what it now does. So I was wondering if there is any way of deleting or editing it?
I have managed to use the explanation on here and programmed it on pr02, I am just sitting watching it to make sure it does as I hope.
My husband thinks I'm a tad bit special for sitting here watching it, but as I managed to mess up the first programme anything is possible with me.
Any help would be really grateful. Thanks in advance xx

Blue Box Studio

I think you just reprogramme over the top to change the programme?  So long since I've done it but know I had to fiddle with my batch annealing programme as it kept overheating.

Am sure someone more technical than me will be along soon.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

flame n fuse

yes, you should be able to edit the programme, or replace it with a new one. I'll have a look at the manual tomorrow. I have several programmes set up, one is for annealing while I work, one is for annealing from cold and another is for fusing. I hope tonight's session works!

MeadMoon

Yes, just go through the programming steps as usual to programme over the top or adjust what's already there.  If the new programme has fewer steps, then setting the last rate to 0 will remove that step (and the following ones).
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Beckyboo17

Thank you for all your responses, I tried to programme over it and it kept flashing "full", I am so simple I think I should have another go in the morning with a clear head. I am going to find a programme to pop my beads in for a batch anneal. The one I programmed last night was for as I am torching and I think it went well, I even managed to skip the hold segment that I would normally need if I had actually been lampworking.

flame n fuse

I think that 'full' means firing at the fastest rate that the kiln can do. According to the manual which I have (page 10), this means that you are either on programme SPd5 in single speed mode, or that you have selected a rate of 1799F or 999 degrees C at the ra prompt in the ramp-hold mode.  The manual then says 'a fast way to do this is to press the down arrow key once from 0000. Full will appear'. 
It's easy to get confused with the programming, but once you've got it right you never have to do it again!

well done on skipping the 'hold'
Julia

Beckyboo17

Thank you for that I shall have a good look at it in the morning and try to ignore the full and just pop the programme in I want.

Barnacle Bay

You could alway email the guru at www Paragon.com,  she is great to talk to too in that Texas voice  :)

Moira HFG

Could you visit someone who could go through it with you?

Beckyboo17

I will definitely try anything so if I am unable to re programme it in the morning, I will drop them an email. I don't know anyone else that does lampworking but I may start looking if all else fails. But I do also need to remember that I have lots of other empty programmes if all else fails. Thank you all for your help it is great xx

♥♥Tan♥♥

Whereabouts in the country are you there may be someone nearby who could help?

Beckyboo17

I am in warden, kent. I am going to finish off a few of the dreaded housework tasks and get straight to having a play, so fingers crossed.  :)

Beckyboo17

;D....... A big thank you to everyone as with your help I have programmed the kiln on pr01 and it is on its first batch anneal test. Thank you so much.
Now I have the kiln up and running every time I have spare time I can get started on my minor, I'm excited for the first attempt.

Moira HFG

Well done! Kiln programming gets easier, the more you do...