OxyCons internal tubing

Started by firedinglass, July 22, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firedinglass

So I've opened up my Puritan Bennett companion OxyCons and removed the black foam( what a messy job..horrible sticky stuff!), anyway the tubing that goes from the black cylinder under the micro board over to the other side has totally broken in half, in fact virtually no oxygen is coming out of the machine!

The hose I purchased following Tan's info is way too thick for this part of the machine as it is not the same tubes as split on Tan and the internal measurements might not be right either.

Has anyone else fixed this tube  and could tell me where to buy it?

i have rung Tuffnells but just get the answerphone...

How the hell do you get to the other side without unscrewing the holding in screws of the whole component as the fixing is underneath it....HELP!   PLEASE ANYONE!

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

♥♥Tan♥♥

When you say too thick are you talking internal or external? I found if you use a very sharp scalpel you can pare down the tube to fit almost any of the areas but you need to do it evenly so take a bit off, turn it, take another bit off then try it and keep on until it fits.

Steampunkglass

I think I've spotted some of the thicker tubes in my oxy that you are talking about, but I'm not sure of the size, however there seems to be loads of odd silicone tubing on ebay in various diameters (mostly seems to be for cars  ??? ??? ???) Only thing I can suggest is measuring what the internal diameter needs to be and then having a look on ebay for something close to that?  ??? Or if you've got a good fish/aquatics shop near you that you can take a bit into to see if they have anything near that size they sell? Even if it's a tight fit if you warm the end in hot water some of the pvc air tubes they sell might work?  ???

firedinglass

Thanks for the tips ! I'm going to take it to my brother today to see if he can help me as he's much more practical than my DH!

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa