Help needed for idea to slump light shade

Started by trudyant, July 17, 2013, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trudyant

Hi I am trying to replace old shades from wall lights ?.

They look like a bowl shape that has been cut in half.

I have cut a 30cm circle and cut in half and made design,I am than going to fuse on full.

But cant think of a way to get shape,if I drape over round mould it will full down,if I sump it wont be deep enough 8cm at top where bulb is a have a curve mould but it makes the bottom to wide to fit into clips.

Any suggestion thanks.

mizgeorge

Hello and welcome. I'm moving this to the slumping section, where it might be seen by more people who may be be able to help!

Pat from Canvey

If it was me, I would make a mold from one of the existing shades if you have one but I still have a large ceramic kiln and can do this myself. Perhaps ask someone to make a mold for you and give them the cut glass to slump. A clay mold would have to be fired to bisque so that it can be used as a slumping mold.

firedinglass

I agree if you need a specific size  and shape the only way really is with a mould. Do you know a friendly potter who can make you one?  Bisque fired mould coated with kiln wash will last for ages!  :)

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

Zeldazog

kerensky

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on July 17, 2013, 08:26:51 PM
If it was me, I would make a mold from one of the existing shades if you have one but I still have a large ceramic kiln and can do this myself. Perhaps ask someone to make a mold for you and give them the cut glass to slump. A clay mold would have to be fired to bisque so that it can be used as a slumping mold.

Is there no end to your knowledge Pat?

Love it!

xx