Main Menu

metal work book

Started by bellag13, July 09, 2013, 09:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellag13

Hi there
I'm looking for a first book on making rings, bails ect for my lampwork
beads. I haven't done anything like this yet so it needs to be basic.
Can anyone suggest a good one or does someone have one they'd
like to sell
thanks Bella

Shirley

I have Bead on a Wire. Great book with lots of basic techniques and projects. It uses some silversmithing techniques but no soldering. Can recommend it.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

JanieD

I have 'Bead meets Metal' by Kay Rashka, which has "easy metalwork techniques to showcase gemstone beads and other treasures". She uses some lampwork beads in her projects as well. She gives an introduction to cutting, drilling, forming, soldering, etching and many more techniques, so good for beginners.

'Metalworking 101 for Beaders' by Candie Cooper is also good as she also does a lot of custom findings.

Haven't got any to sell though, but you can often pick up cheaper copies on Amazon.

Jane

mizgeorge

Quote from: Shirley on July 09, 2013, 09:53:16 AM
I have Bead on a Wire. Great book with lots of basic techniques and projects. It uses some silversmithing techniques but no soldering. Can recommend it.

I'd second that. It really is the definitive introduction to wirework, and very well suited to lampwork beads.

Niki Gough

Quote from: mizgeorge on July 09, 2013, 12:11:16 PM
Quote from: Shirley on July 09, 2013, 09:53:16 AM

I'd second that. It really is the definitive introduction to wirework, and very well suited to lampwork beads.

I third it as I have this book as well and have found it so good as a beginner x
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.