Any experience of Baoli glass?

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, June 30, 2013, 04:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Just stumbled upon this by accident while researching float frit. What info I can find seems to be vague and patchy but I did find one site that claims that although it is unstable this is more than made up for by the attractive price ;D ;D Gotta laugh :D

I gather it is produced in China and is probably an inferior quality, a bit like that devardi glass for lampworking.

Anyone had any experience?

Flyingcheesetoastie

I've got some flat sheets of black and transparent grey but not used it. I don't think it's made anymore so I suspect only good for fusing to itself.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Ahh thankyou Rachel. I had a feeling it might be that sort of glass, specific to itself. The only place I can find it is the Netherlands and postage is horrific so I think I will stick with good old optul!

Warm Glass UK

Is this the coloured float glass? If so, a customer of ours who used some had problems with compatibility and asked the UK sales people about it - they finally admitted that it wasn't guaranteed compatible with itself so she stopped using it!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Aha, thankyou Warm Glass. I had a feeling this was dodgy stuff, yes it is the coloured float. Madness that it isn't even compatible with itself!