Does anyone have...

Started by Glassy Lou, April 10, 2013, 06:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glassy Lou

A Companion 492a oxycon? And if so, do you have any idea how to open it up?
It's hinged down the back, but I can't see any screws or any obvious way in.
It's about four years old and I've never had a problem with it so I'm guessing it might just need a clean out.
I was only telling a mate yesterday that I'd had it ages and it never let me down. Teach me to keep my trap shut :/

Thx in advance

Louise

♥♥Tan♥♥

Tip it on its back and look underneath ;)

Redhotsal

Yep, I have one. Take the spongy airfilter off the right hand side and you will see a screw about an inch above and to the left of the round air intake. It's a Phillips type. That's one - the other one is at the bottom towards the front between the casters - you'll need to tip it over to access this one. You'll see a ridge where the plastic casing covers it.  As far as I can remember they are the only two.  :)

Glassy Lou

Fab, ta muchly. Crossing fingers it just needs a clean... X

Louise

ruth

Quote from: ♥♥Tan♥♥ on April 10, 2013, 06:12:24 PM
Tip it on its back and look underneath ;)

I think you should at least buy it dinner first!!!

(I will get my coat)
Frittering the children's inheritance.

Steampunkglass

Quote from: Zen on April 10, 2013, 08:32:53 PM
Fab, ta muchly. Crossing fingers it just needs a clean... X

Louise
if it's that old it's probably like my old 591 model, and might need some new pipes. Mine kept the red light on, and it turned out some of the internal plastic tubes had perrished and were leaking. It's a pretty easy but a bit fiddly to do.

Glassy Lou

Hah! If it works after I've fiddled about with it I'll buy it all the dinner it wants ;)

It was running fine for five hours today - it's a while since I've used it for such an extended period so I suppose it maybe got a bit hot and bothered. I'll have a poke about but if something simple doesn't fix it, I might just replace it. It has served me pretty well.
Roughly how long would you normally expect one to last?

Dragonfire Glass

I've had one for 6 years ...

Redhotsal

I daren't tell you how old mine is 'cos it will jinx it and it'll stop working but I agree you should buy it dinner. I also have taken the prefix terms off mine 'cos it helps to prevent the orange light syndrome.

Redhotsal

Stupid predictive text - that should read "pre filter" or the black spongy filter I mentioned before.

Glassy Lou

Yeah good point. Don't wanna jinx anyone else. At the risk of jinxing myself though I'll just say that today it worked fine, so maybe it was just having a wee hissy fit.  ;)

Louise