Frit-Happens !
December 14, 2019, 04:03:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivory equivalent in Bullseye??  (Read 2143 times)
CrystalArt
New Forum Member

« on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:53 AM »

Can anyone tell me what would be the best/most similar colour to effetre Ivory - but in Bullseye glass?  There seem to be some shades that look similar, but maybe a bit too white-coffee-coloured...

I don't need/expect it to react in the same way as effetre ivory - I just need rather urgently to find a look-alike!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Kiss

Thank you!!

Sally - back after too long (blame broken wrist!)  Huh
noora
Glassy Swede
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:14 AM »

French vanilla perhaps?
flame n fuse
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

I'd agree - it reacts in a similar way.
CrystalArt
New Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 01:09:45 PM »

French vanilla perhaps?

Thank you - that's a great help!
Zeldazog
My name's Dawn, I'm an
Administrator

I'm free, to do what I want...♪♪♪

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 07:10:48 PM »

French Vanilla is a reactive glass, so you will get the browns if you put it against copper bearing glasses, but in sheet glass it's the palest of the creams, and in sheet form, comes out very similar to the little bit of ivory I've played with.

Trudi
Forum Member

This is me!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »

I'd agree there too x

CrystalArt
New Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 05:21:48 AM »

Ah, that's good to know - I think I'll try the rods and also strips cut from the sheet, see which to go with.

Thank you all so much for your help!
noora
Glassy Swede
Forum Member

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 01:52:03 PM »

It goes dark with silver too. Basically it reacts with the same stuff as Effetre ivory (copper and silver), but not as prettily. It's quite sensitive to silver and much more reactive than Bullseye's Reactive Cloud and Reactive Ice. I once did a fusing test with those three glasses combined with copper and silver. The "reactive" glasses didn't do much at all, but french vanilla even went dark from the fumes from the silver on the piece next to it...  Roll Eyes
CrystalArt
New Forum Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »

It goes dark with silver too. Basically it reacts with the same stuff as Effetre ivory (copper and silver), but not as prettily. It's quite sensitive to silver and much more reactive than Bullseye's Reactive Cloud and Reactive Ice. I once did a fusing test with those three glasses combined with copper and silver. The "reactive" glasses didn't do much at all, but french vanilla even went dark from the fumes from the silver on the piece next to it...  Roll Eyes

That is so helpful - thank you so much!  I think I'm going to have to experiment a bit to see what sort of results happen, before I try to achieve a specific result!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: