Beads not shiney ?

Started by Lynnybobs, February 10, 2013, 07:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnybobs

Been out in the shedio today having a play but my beads have come out with a dull surface - almost like they have had quick dip in etching fluid - any ideas why this may be ?
I was wondering whether it was due to the cold as the shedio is also quite damp - so I thought perhaps condensation on the glass rods ?
Also it was taking an absolute age to melt the glass but I am on a hot head so again thinking its down to the propane being very cold as its only been hovering just above freezing today.
Lynnybobs
----x----

helbels

What colours were you using? Wondering if it could be devit....

Lynnybobs

I tried french blue, dark ivory, trans teal, white, trans cobalt blue all effetre - the transparents are more shiney than the opaques but still not as I would have expected ? They haven't been annealed though - maybe that would help bring back the shine?
Lynnybobs
----x----

Shirley

Could it be dust from vermiculite, the blanket or bubbles? If you have the beads too hot when they go in they might be picking up something.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

helbels

When I was on a Hothead, I did sometimes think that the beads looked shinier once annealed, so could be worth a try......