DIY Bowl for Batch

Started by Beansprout, February 08, 2013, 10:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

That ebay link that Sue has posted would fit, it's smaller than the bead cube dimensions you've given

Pat from Canvey

I have a small white pyrex saucer. I'm sure that sort of thing would fit, but why do you need a container to anneal your beads? If I have one or two to batch anneal, (having made them whil the kiln was on a cooling cycle), I just put them in the back of a cold kiln and start a garaging cycle for the new beads I'm making.

Carl

Pudding pot came out of kiln with no deformities that I can see. 

Beansprout

Quote from: helbels on February 09, 2013, 07:47:37 PM
That ebay link that Sue has posted would fit, it's smaller than the bead cube dimensions you've given

Ah yes sorry... Was in a rush and didn't look at the measurements xD Silly me, thanks sue!

Beansprout

Quote from: Pat from Canvey on February 10, 2013, 08:55:05 AM
I have a small white pyrex saucer. I'm sure that sort of thing would fit, but why do you need a container to anneal your beads? If I have one or two to batch anneal, (having made them whil the kiln was on a cooling cycle), I just put them in the back of a cold kiln and start a garaging cycle for the new beads I'm making.

I usually don't have enough time before work (about an hour) to have the kiln on to make it worth while, or after work (an hour or so after faffing around) so I usually collect a enough to fill the kiln to do a batch over one day.

I need a container because half of the beads that I make I make off the end of the mandrel, so they won't do the kebab- styllee. I have done half kebab and half a few on the floor, but I don't want to pile them up too high other wise they'll start touching the sides of the kiln or something, and so I can't really use the space.

Beansprout

Would something like this work? Ideally something non-glazed would be fine....

The glaze might get sticky at 520, maybe? What do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denby-Greenwheat-Butter-Dish-Base-1970s-/290830124097?pt=UK_PotteryPorcelain_Glass_PotteryPorcelain_China_SM&hash=item43b6d38441