Tool prices at Shows

Started by Beansprout, February 04, 2013, 03:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beansprout

I'm starting my Flame off Fund today and top of my list is a Bead Roller or two. Would the shows make much of a difference in price other than postage?

Just wondering whether to buy now and swallow the postage costs or wait (veryvery begrudgingly) til the show!

Kaz

You can't assume tat everything you might want will be there - check with the suppliers. Or order on line and select the collect at show option.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Kalorlo

Certain types of rollers sold out fast last year, so yeah, good to reserve in advance.

JKC

If you have funds at the mo, it might be worth asking on here to see if someone has the ones that you want lying around and is willing to sell, you get a good price that way. 

tinker

I don't think I saved anything other than the postage from buying at flame off last year but still its pennies saved!

Pat from Canvey

I would save your pennies and experiment with household spoons for now. Differently shaped bowls of the spoons will give different sizes and shapes of bead.
Edited to add    Have a look at the "Unusual lampworking tools" thread.

Pegasus

We will be doing a Flame Off discount price, every little helps!  ;)
~ BEV ~
www.pegasuslampworktools.co.uk