More on slumping Marmite jars

Started by MeadMoon, February 04, 2013, 11:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadMoon

After slumping quite a few different sized Marmite jars on their side, I started wondering what would happen if I slumped one while it was standing upright.  This is the result:

Slumped Marmite jar by Mead Moon, on Flickr

Top of slumped Marmite jar by Mead Moon, on Flickr

Here's the SC2 firing schedule used:

Seg   Rate   Temp   Hold
1       222     725       6
2      Full      516     30
3        80      370      0
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Bluebottle

I don't mean to be disparaging in any way but slumped marmite jars look like little woopsies, LOL

marklaird

;D
That's just what I was thinking but wasn't brave enough to say it.

There's also not much space to stick the label back on either

Mark.

helbels

An admirable experiement, but not one that I feel has yielded the most attractive results!  ;D   Still, worth a try to see if you had perhaps discovered some kind of really innovative technique!

Purple Cobwebs

I don't know, add a little placard saying something along the lines of "Revenge of the Marmite Haters", and I could see it in one of those trendy art galleries with a  hefty price tag LOL!!!
;D
Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Pandanimal

I think its genius. What are you going to do with it now?

Margram

I like the way the texture of the rim has stayed. You could market them as...I was going to say garlic crushers, but I suspect the garlic clove would shoot off into a corner of the kitchen ::).  Um...rosemary or thyme crushers - every kitchen should have one!! ;D
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

julieHB

It's brill - we should all experiment more!!  :D
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Pat from Canvey

I like it too. Love the way the curves flow. Is there any void left in the jar? If so, a tiny flower might look effective. If not, a small glass flower on a stem bent to show the flower to it's best. If you try it, please do show a photo.

MeadMoon

I took this photo yesterday of the jar as a (tiny) bud vase.  Thought that was slightly more romantic than it being a whoopsie :)  There's actually room for a small flower on both sides of the opening.  Thought that the garlic crusher was a good idea as well.

Slumped Marmite jar as bud vase by Mead Moon, on Flickr

jobead

Have you tried it on it's side or would that be more whoopsie like ?

MeadMoon

Hi Jo,

If you mean slumping Marmite jars while they are lying on their side, yes, I have done quite a few of those (and even sold one to Canada!).