Dip'n'etch gone strange...?

Started by anditsinthefish, January 20, 2013, 12:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anditsinthefish

I haven't used my dip and etch that much (maybe three times) since I got it in October but I have gone to use it today and it has solid bits, almost like ice, in the bottom. Has it just got too cold?

Sarah xx
Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.

Shirley

Mine was like that when I first got it. I just gave it a good shake. Have had the same pot now for about 5 years and it's in the black coffee stage and still working :D
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Amber

Mine was like that too and it worked fine! I've only just had to replace it because I accidentally poured most of it down the sink  :-\

anditsinthefish

oh ok :) That's good it's not me then. xx
Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.

Nick

It forms crystals if it gets to cold give it a good shake it should be fine

Beadbug

Can you still use it when it goes black coffee colour; I stopped using it because I thought that it might ruin beads, but if it is o.k. to use like that I might do some etched beads.

Amber

Yes, you can! I've found it takes longer, but it still does the job  :)

Emma @ Tuffnell Glass

If I remember rightly you can stand it in a bowl of warm water. This dissolves the crystals and if memory serves....whilst its still warmed through it works faster  ;).
Martins not around for me to double check this one but I'm sure I read that years ago  ;D ;D

anditsinthefish

ooo interesting Emma, will try that. It did work perfectly fine so I just left the crystals in the bottom.
Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.