Frit-Happens !
December 10, 2019, 10:33:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stained glass remnant beads  (Read 1703 times)
senge
New Forum Member

« on: January 13, 2013, 11:48:52 AM »

I have been looking at Kate Drew Wilkinsons YouTube  vidios and she talks about making beads with scrap stained glass, I tried to find annealing schedule for this , but could not .Has anyone tried it.
Senge
Shirley
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 11:57:27 AM »

Pat from Canvey is your expert on this one Smiley

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 
Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »

I just anneal on the usual 104 COE schedule. Most of the Spectrum glass is Coe 96 as is the Gaffer glass and quite a lot of frit. Putting frit on COE 96 means that you can put on a huge amount if you want with no compatibility problems. I had lots of stained glass sheet left over from when I made stained glass windows so that's why I started using it, cutting into 1/4 inch strips and using as a rod. You can also use odd shaped scrap by just taking a bit more care when applying to the mandrel. Since you have to do this anyway when using say Bombay Sapphire Gin bottle glass, it isn't a problem. I just hold short pieces of scrap with a pair of pliers. Quick tip, make a base bead from white opaque Spectrum and cover with any of the transparent Spectrum waterglasses to get beautifully coloured beads.

senge
New Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

Thanks Pat, I have a little stained class from a short course I did over 20 years ago. It was because I was looking at YouTube for lampworking and then wandered to other links that I found that you could use it , but goodness knows what type of glass I have is .
Senge
♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:00:14 PM »

Be careful because some of them reduce very easily, if you start to see dirty streaks appear in your glass just work a little further out in the frame, I seem to remember greens reduced to copper quickly if I worked too low in the flame

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: