Powder vibe tool

Started by ♥♥Tan♥♥, January 07, 2013, 07:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

♥♥Tan♥♥

Thankyou for the feedback Janet do you use it for fusing or beads?

George, thankyou for the top tip, I did wonder if it was something that would be easy to knock together, it seems a simple piece of kit.

Zeldazog

I wonder whether a sonic toothbrush could be adapted in that case?

Tan, I was looking at these a few weeks ago, but I decided I don't do enough work with powders or enamels to justify the expense, especially when reviews seemed a bit mixed.  The videos make it look easy, but I figured even if application was as easy as it looks, I usually manage to trip up or sneeze on my way to the kiln.... 

I've bought one of the coil actuated sifters instead.

♥♥Tan♥♥

Well, I have to admit I am as accident prone ;D I was very impressed by the vid but boy oh boy is it a lot of money for a tiny bit of kit that I may use a great deal or may not use at all in the long run.

Dawn will you let me know how you get on with the sifter please? I was looking at those as well and think one of them may be my next purchase if they can give a precision line

MeadMoon

I was going to buy one of the coil-activated sifters to help with powder & frit painting but would like to know how well they work first, so please let us know how you get on Dawn.

After seeing the powder vibe, I would love one of those, they look so easy to use, but cannot afford one at the moment and, as others have found, the hummingbird flossers are rather more expensive than the ones that George got as well.
Elaine at Mead Moon  Facebook  Etsy

Pat from Canvey

The enamels in my glassy doodles post were done with a powder vibe. I bought it a few years ago from Creative Glass in Rochester.