Space around maxine?

Started by anditsinthefish, December 13, 2012, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anditsinthefish

I have maxing and all my paper work for her at uni, but I'm sorting out the health and safety for my bp.... so long :( But I know there is a minimum gap you need around her and was wondering if anyone knew what it was? I've looked on Kilncare but to no avail. xx
Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.

Redhotsal

I would provide at least 30 cms free all round this kiln MINIMUM (and any other kiln). Certainly DO NOT put paper or flammables anywhere near the kiln. Although the kiln isn't hot enough to cause paper to combust on its own, it's just common sense not to have anything around the kiln, including stacks of books, magazines and paperwork/cats/methylated spirits/vodka etc. To be on the safe side I should just get in touch with Bryan or Lee at Kilncare - they're very helpful and approachable.

anditsinthefish

Sarah xx
Website. Blog. Flickr.

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: Redhotsal on December 13, 2012, 11:29:51 AM
I would provide at least 30 cms free all round this kiln MINIMUM (and any other kiln). Certainly DO NOT put paper or flammables anywhere near the kiln. Although the kiln isn't hot enough to cause paper to combust on its own, it's just common sense not to have anything around the kiln, including stacks of books, magazines and paperwork/cats/methylated spirits/vodka etc. To be on the safe side I should just get in touch with Bryan or Lee at Kilncare - they're very helpful and approachable.
100% good advice Sal  ;)

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

tish

o and never leave your plastic container of plastic pots of frits and murranis on top of her while shes on lol (talks from experience)

kerensky

ruth

Frittering the children's inheritance.

Redhotsal

Hmmmm.......you question vodka....but not cats?  ;) ;) ;)

Nicknack

Quote from: Redhotsal on December 13, 2012, 07:53:12 PM

Try telling Millie!!!!!!!!!!!!  If she gets into my workshop she's straight up around the kiln, which is fine if it's not on, but gives me the heebiejeebies if it is.  i have to bribe her to come out, because she goes in behind the jars of rods, and I can't reach her.  She hasn't come to any harm so far, thank goodness, but it's only been garaging, she hasn't been in when I've been fusing.

Nick

Lee - Kilncare

Quote from: Redhotsal on December 13, 2012, 07:53:12 PM
HAHAHA, we love our pets us Brits.....but obviously not as much as our Vodka LOL

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

ARBeads

Freezers were invented for vodka   ::)
Ruth & Andy

www.etsy.com/shop/arjewellery for beads!

Niki Gough

It is good to hear that my Millie cat is not the only pest. I have to say I try not to let her into my shed when I am working but she likes to make me jump by landing on the roof with a massive thud!!
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Every oops is an aah waiting to happen.

Nicknack

Quote from: Niknaks12 on December 17, 2012, 10:34:47 PM
It is good to hear that my Millie cat is not the only pest. I have to say I try not to let her into my shed when I am working but she likes to make me jump by landing on the roof with a massive thud!!

There must be something about cats called Millie!  Ours is a proper little madam, she has us trained quite well ;D.  Mind you, she's the latest in a string of trainers.  I'm just glad it's Merry (Meriadoc) who's been ill with a huge abscess for months and not her - he's such a good cat, and puts up with whatever treatment he has to have (probably another op on Friday :( - TG for Petplan!).  Millie would be IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What colour is your Millie?  Ours is black.

Nick

Niki Gough

Aw poor Merry, hope they get him sorted soon and yes our Millie is a real pain to do anything to medically.

She is a silver tabby, was one of 4 - we had her and her 2 brothers as the other person took one and left the 4th so when we picked our 2 up we couldn't just leave the other kitten! Unfortunately we lost Nemo (big fat long haired tabby) a couple of years ago to a car and then Charlie (black with white bits) hasn't been home in 8 months :( We decided to get a playmate for Millie on Halloween so now have Coco as well who is a little mentalist. She is either asleep or running and chasing anything at full speed. Here is Millie and Coco :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Niki x
N Designs Crafts

Niki Gough

Sorry that picture is massive, don't know how to resize :(
Niki x
N Designs Crafts