Can you recommend a kiln carrier?

Started by Moira HFG, November 28, 2012, 08:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moira HFG

Hi good people.
I've been using a manual kiln, and its time I got one with a controller. Can't afford a new one. I see a few on various second-hand websites, but they all seem to be miles away. Can anyone recommend a good carrier who could collect one safely?
I'm thinking of something for fusing, like a Paragon fusion 7 or a Firebox 14.
Thanks for your help,

Moira

Warm Glass UK

Hi Moira
We send loads of kilns out every week and use DHL - we have had very few issues with them. How they are packed is the most important thing!

June

Hi. Just to add somebody had an issue with buying a second hand kiln that wasn't packed very well and had some damage in transit, so you might want to confirm all this before buying one. Good luck  :)

Moira HFG

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated.

As it turns out, I've found a kiln that will suit me, and the sellers are very kindly going to deliver it themselves this weekend. I take your point about packing - perhaps I should have a polite word about this with the sellers.

This will be my first auto kiln, and I'm very excited! Hopefully my next posting will be in 'warm and fuzzy news'....

:) Moira

June

If they are delivering it themselves, it should be ok.   :)

lampworklover

Quote from: June on November 30, 2012, 10:44:10 AM
Hi. Just to add somebody had an issue with buying a second hand kiln that wasn't packed very well and had some damage in transit, so you might want to confirm all this before buying one. Good luck  :)

Yup, that was me >:(. Just make sure that even if they are bringing it to you themselves they pack it securely and don't leave anything inside the kiln cavity itself.

June