Which electric reamer?

Started by Donna@Rockin' Beads, August 22, 2012, 03:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna@Rockin' Beads

For years I used the cheap(ish) electric reamer that I bought from Tuffnells. It was less than £15 I think, I used it in water and wasn't electrocuted even when I dropped it fully into the jug!! It finally started to give up the ghost and I was bought a Dremel 300 for Christmas. I hated it. I had to use the flexi shaft thing because on the lowest setting I felt like I was being shaken apart but with the flexi shaft you can't control the on/off switch so you have to put the drill into the bead hole while it is vibrating furiously, which I have never quite got used to  :(
Anyway, I realised that the motor was getting faster each time I used it so that it is now impossible for me to safely get the drill into the bead hole while it is on its VERY lowest setting so it's going back as faulty.
Anyway (again  :P) what do you guys use? Did I get too powerful a Dremel, is there a lower voltage one that might not scare me or shall I just get a nice pink one from Martin?
I've hardly used any of the other attachments that came with the Dremel (even though I thought I needed them to start with) so I really only need it for cleaning.
What do you guys use?
Thanks  ;D