A Practical Guide to Cabs and Poppers my new tutorial.

Started by MangoBeads, July 08, 2012, 09:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MangoBeads

My new e-tutorial A Practical Guide to Cabs and Poppers is now listed on Esty :)

This tutorial is an introduction to making cabs on a cab mandrel. The tutorial is very specific to our mandrels but can obviously be applied to all cab mandrels.

In this tutorial I will share tips for getting the best use out of the mandrels. I will cover the initial application of glass and include valuable information on shaping them and keeping them flat.

The tutorial also covers finishing your cabs; David has extensive knowledge of glass finishing techniques, and the tutorial offers options and methods for grinding and cleaning the bottoms if you don't own a flat lap, and tips for gluing them to poppers, etc.

I will not be going into great detail on specific designs in this tutorial. I do however introduce you to dots and layers with tips on heat control which will benefit the application of design on these little cabs.

I hope you enjoy it and find it useful Im very much enjoying seeing what everyone is creating with the 'SNAPS 'POPPERS'

Thanks everyone :)

Calico Cat

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

Madam Steph

poledra1958

fingers slipped  :D :D :D :D

Tutorial, mandrels and poppers

HH on Bulk,

GlassOcean

Just spent the last 20 minutes reading ths and LOVE it!  It is very useful to have a pictorial view of what works.  Cheers Chick (and David!!)

poledra1958

Wow I have my tutorial already thanks Manda that was very very quick.

HH on Bulk,

MangoBeads

Quote from: poledra1958 on July 09, 2012, 11:27:57 AM
Wow I have my tutorial already thanks Manda that was very very quick.

Glad somethings going right this morning - my web site is apparently selling bird boxes but i think I have corrected it !!!

Enjoy everyone and thanks so very very much you all make the blood and sweat that I put myself through with word processing worth while !!!

poledra1958

Think the web site is not 100% still getting the close watch background but some of your pictures in the main frame.

HH on Bulk,

poledra1958

HH on Bulk,

Madam Steph

It's looking good, Amanda.
Thanks too from me for a speedy delivery.
We have had no broadband at home since Saturday evening, and none till the very latest till this coming Wednesday according to Sky (wonder how they can predict that so accurately unless they only do their fixes once a week), so I am delighted that it's here at work before I leave for home, shortly

Linda x

MangoBeads

BeeBeads

eeeeek!   how did I miss this ... have just ordered Manda, thanks very much!   ;D

Kaylee

Oops... just went onto Etsy for the tutorial but also bought a ring topper  :)  so bad for the budget but I just couldn't resist! 

MangoBeads

Quote from: Kaylee on July 11, 2012, 12:34:18 PM
Oops... just went onto Etsy for the tutorial but also bought a ring topper  :)  so bad for the budget but I just couldn't resist! 

Thank you Kaylee :) will pop in the post later today just off to email u the tutorial :)

JaySpangles

I had been quite happily muddling along, making reasonable but inconsistent poppers.  I now have Mandas tut and can honestly say that my poppers have improved beyond recognition.  It is amazing that a few bits of crucial info can make a significant difference.  And no, I am not on the payroll or receiving any perks or freebies.  Just a satisfied customer.
And tonight I wore my first Noosa.  Was I chuffed, or was I chuffed!