Frit-Happens !
July 18, 2019, 07:22:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
by george
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A Practical Guide to Cabs and Poppers my new tutorial.  (Read 2993 times)
MangoBeads
Forum Member

« on: July 08, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »

My new e-tutorial A Practical Guide to Cabs and Poppers is now listed on Esty Smiley

This tutorial is an introduction to making cabs on a cab mandrel. The tutorial is very specific to our mandrels but can obviously be applied to all cab mandrels.

In this tutorial I will share tips for getting the best use out of the mandrels. I will cover the initial application of glass and include valuable information on shaping them and keeping them flat.

The tutorial also covers finishing your cabs; David has extensive knowledge of glass finishing techniques, and the tutorial offers options and methods for grinding and cleaning the bottoms if you don't own a flat lap, and tips for gluing them to poppers, etc.

I will not be going into great detail on specific designs in this tutorial. I do however introduce you to dots and layers with tips on heat control which will benefit the application of design on these little cabs.

I hope you enjoy it and find it useful Im very much enjoying seeing what everyone is creating with the 'SNAPS 'POPPERS'

Thanks everyone Smiley

Calico Cat
Eldjötnar in training
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 05:04:54 AM »

Grin  Grin  Grin Grin

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .
Madam Steph
Forum Member

Jon Snow just CAN'T be dead!

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 05:39:08 AM »

Just purchased, Manda.

Many thanks

Linda x

poledra1958
give me the glass and no one will get hurt
Forum Member

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »

fingers slipped  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tutorial, mandrels and poppers

HH on Bulk,
GlassOcean
GlassOcean beads
Forum Member

Kerensa

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 06:26:02 AM »

Just spent the last 20 minutes reading ths and LOVE it!  It is very useful to have a pictorial view of what works.  Cheers Chick (and David!!)
poledra1958
Forum Member

Jenny

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 06:27:57 AM »

Wow I have my tutorial already thanks Manda that was very very quick.

HH on Bulk,
MangoBeads
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »

Wow I have my tutorial already thanks Manda that was very very quick.

Glad somethings going right this morning - my web site is apparently selling bird boxes but i think I have corrected it !!!

Enjoy everyone and thanks so very very much you all make the blood and sweat that I put myself through with word processing worth while !!!

poledra1958
Forum Member

Jenny

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 06:41:31 AM »

Think the web site is not 100% still getting the close watch background but some of your pictures in the main frame.

HH on Bulk,
poledra1958
Forum Member

Jenny

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 06:42:43 AM »

ok getting the correct page now   Cheesy Cheesy

HH on Bulk,
Madam Steph
Forum Member

Jon Snow just CAN'T be dead!

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 07:53:20 AM »

It's looking good, Amanda.
Thanks too from me for a speedy delivery.
We have had no broadband at home since Saturday evening, and none till the very latest till this coming Wednesday according to Sky (wonder how they can predict that so accurately unless they only do their fixes once a week), so I am delighted that it's here at work before I leave for home, shortly

Linda x

MangoBeads
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Thats good Smiley x

BeeBeads
Forum Member

Still here!

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

eeeeek!   how did I miss this ... have just ordered Manda, thanks very much!   Grin
Kaylee
New Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 07:34:18 AM »

Oops... just went onto Etsy for the tutorial but also bought a ring topper  Smiley  so bad for the budget but I just couldn't resist! 

MangoBeads
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 07:39:12 AM »

Oops... just went onto Etsy for the tutorial but also bought a ring topper  Smiley  so bad for the budget but I just couldn't resist! 

Thank you Kaylee Smiley will pop in the post later today just off to email u the tutorial Smiley

JaySpangles
Still thinking about it...........
Forum Member

Life is too short to wake up with regrets

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:07 PM »

I had been quite happily muddling along, making reasonable but inconsistent poppers.  I now have Mandas tut and can honestly say that my poppers have improved beyond recognition.  It is amazing that a few bits of crucial info can make a significant difference.  And no, I am not on the payroll or receiving any perks or freebies.  Just a satisfied customer.
And tonight I wore my first Noosa.  Was I chuffed, or was I chuffed!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: