Newbie.Fusing coasters and bottles with beer/whiskey/wine labels.... help needed

Started by Wendy woo, July 07, 2012, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy woo

Hi I am newbie to the forum so my first question on here.....my husband is interested in fusing coasters with whiskey and beer labels he does bottles made into clocks etc...but he wants to take it a step further by adding the labels in between the coasters and onto of the slumped bottles etc...he had a go at weekend and we laughed when we took it out of the kiln the label had burnt it to tiny fragments inside....so obviously there's a special technique for him to achieve better results...any help advise would be appreciated .....thank you in advance..... ;)

Krysia@No98

From having spoken to people at uni it's more about the label.  Needs to be a metal one.  How do you tell which is a metal label.... I have no idea!!

-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Fiona

I always thought people carefully took the labels off and then glued them back on afterwards.

Wendy woo

We have solved it...we did some coasters with photographs in for a friend and we used epoxy resin and a  which sets clear like glass and it works brilliantly....   :)

ScarletLeonard

I asked someone that did this once and yes they soaked off the label and glued it back on again, but I suppose it depends what you want to achieve. very interesting that resin works though.