Anone use a Paragon Bluebird?

Started by Kaz, June 22, 2012, 04:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kaz

Hi all
I am thinking of buying a kiln in Oz as I am off for a month again in the Autumn and have been looking at these
http://www.affordableinspiration.com.au/kilns/paragon-kiln/bluebird.html
Does anyone have one of these and can give an opinion. Pricewise they seem similar to SC2/3 and cheaper than the Maxine I have here.
Also, can it be used for other things than just bead annealing?
My other option is to pack my beadcube and take it with me but I am not sure about that.
Thanks for your help
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Zeldazog

Doesn't go hot enough for anything other than bead annealing as far as I can see Kaz, 648 deg C

Edited to add:  The Bluebird XL gets hotter, but of course, costs more  :-\

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

polly put the kettle on

This is the kiln we have on recommendation of Julie Fountain
Julie has this kiln to (well she did) :D
and i love it easy to use  :)

sally xx
sallyx

Maria Louisa

I've got the XL and really love this kiln
www.glassbeadsculptress.com
www.glassbeadsculptress.etsy.com
www.beadpress.nl
www.flickr.com/beadpress

Dragonfire Glass

I have a bluebird and love it but, as far as I know, can only be used for annealing.

sea-thistle

I have the Bluebird as well and love it, I also have an SC2 which I love as well! :)

suzielaws


Pat from Canvey

This is the one that doesn't have a large opening door. I like my SC2 because,  if I make a larger sculptural bead, I can pop it through the open door, not the bead door. Tendrils going in different directions as an example.