Not Jewellery

Started by fionaess, June 18, 2012, 11:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fionaess

Some of you may know that I have been clearing out the contents of my late mother's flat.. an absolute nightmare!  However I did find this.. and its just lovely.  It was made probably in the late 1950's by an Icelandic silversmith called Jens Guðjónsson.

P1000547 by Fiona1953, on Flickr

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Sulis (Hazel)

Wow that's really special, I like that.

xx
Hazel x

flame n fuse

Beautiful! and sympathies with flat clearing.

Bubblebeads

It is a sad way to find something so beautiful and while worth getting it valued as some of those designers are well respected.

Pat from Canvey

Well worth keeping as a reminder of your mother's taste in all things beautiful. We finally cleared MIL's house recently and sold it early this year.

kerensky

Oh - that is lovely,  what is it, a cake slice/server ?

Whatever it is, I really like it.

nuttybeader

That is beautiful.  It is so nice finding something like that it makes the job so much easier.

Blue Box Studio

or is it a fish slice?  It is beautiful, wonderful craftsmanship.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

fionaess

Well, I thought it was a cake slice... however it could be a fish slice or even for lifting herring onto your plate.....(ooohhhh... Im in heaven, I just adore herring)  What I need is somone from Iceland/Scandanavia to come in with some idea of what it could have been used for ;D

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Blue Box Studio

There'll be a collectors club for Jens Guðjónsson I'm sure.  I had some silver buttons by someone else, found a club and asked them if these were by whatsisname and half the world seemed to come back to me with information.  Sadly I still have the buttons but can't find the information  ::)  Google to the rescue .....?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

♥♥Tan♥♥

See it was worth starting on the crap to start finding the treasures wasn't it ;) ;D

turnedlight

Cool, that's really lovely!
kathryn