Frit-Happens !
December 13, 2019, 09:53:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chlorine/bleach smell due to poor ventilation  (Read 14102 times)
noora
Glassy Swede
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:15:46 PM »

With lots of help from DH I've now got a hood, a new duct and a new ventilation outlet cover  Grin Simple smoke test shows it catches everything that isn't clearly outside the hood, which would be quite a bit off. On Monday I'll do a "test drive" and see if this is enough or if I should start looking for a stronger fan as well.
♥♥Tan♥♥
cuntbuckets
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 03:38:53 PM »

Noora, have you checked your torch for leaks? I installed my ventilation and decided to hook up my mid range at the same time, very quickly I noticed a gas smell but the smoke tests came out clear. I checked the connections and the hoses and they were all fine. It was only when I checked the torch and systematically sealed every joint I realised it was leaking out of one of the propane knobs on the torch.

A seal of blu tack and it has been fine ever since.

noora
Glassy Swede
Forum Member

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 05:49:06 PM »

It is not gas smell (the smell they add to the gas here is quite different from chlorine) and I have checked for leaks Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: