Tuffnells ventilation

Started by Sarah A, September 20, 2012, 03:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah A

For anyone have any instructions or advice on how to assemble the ventilation as mine is still in the box it came in. I've had a look at it again today and still can't work out how it fits together. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Lakelady

Check which end the fan sucks (not blows) and attach one end of one of the extendable tubing using one of the clips.  To the other end of that tubing attach the metal collar using another clip.  Attach one end of the other bit of tubing to the other end of the fan using the last clip.  Arrange the metal collar end so that it catches fumes (try it out using a joss stick or something - I just used a smoking bit of paper) to see exactly where it catches everything and fix it in place.  I stick the other end of mine out the window, but will be fixing it to a frame put in the window soon...does that make sense?
Turner Rowe Glass Art

lantana

Hi there,
I had the same set up delivered recently, and had the same issue! I think a written set of instructions would be useful. I will tell you how I set it up, after speaking to Martin several times. The 2 tubes fit either side of the exhaust fan with the metal clips provided. It is a snug fit. The arrow on the fan shows the direction of airflow, obviously you want the air to flow outwards, out of the window away from you. The positioning of the tubing doesn't make much difference as long as there are no kinks in it to impede the flow. The hood should be 12-18 inches away from the end of your flame. Mine actually sits nearer than that, and I can just see the tip of the flame being drawn up by the fan, I find this seems to work better for me. Mine hangs from a metal chain attached to both ends of the hood (small drill holes needed. The open hood faces the flame with a slight downwards incline. I know others have devised various methods of attaching theirs to walls etc, but I used a ceiling cup hook as I'm in a wooden building. I am happy to send you a pic of my set up if that helps. You can check it's all working by feeling the end of the outside tube, you will feel a flow of extracted air. Also, don't forget to make provision for clean fresh air to come in, ideally by opening a window on the other side of the room. I hope that's of some help, Rose :)

Sarah A

Thanks ladies that's really helpful. Now I know the hose is a snug fit I'll force it on. That was my main concern. Thank you do much again I'll have another go later.