ACE step by step guide for IDIOTS (that would be me by the way!!)

Started by toodlesandbinks, May 27, 2012, 06:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toodlesandbinks

Ace Ace Baby has been arrived, unpacked and we have stared at each other for the weekend, after reading the handbook and the controller handbook, I am still no nearer to firing him up.

Idiots guide is now required .... can I just say it's not the instructions .... it is actually me (a fact that has been proved time and time again - I am a high grade techno retard)!!!

I get that I have 9 programmes for firing, but what I can't work out is how I just set up the initial firing of 500 deg C at a rate of 250 deg per hour without fiddling around with the pre-sets.

All assistance would be gratefully received (in fact I will love you forever).

Hugs
Kay
xox

June

Have you searched around here or on the wiki, I think there are some program examples etc  :)

Redhotsal

Ring Lee up in the morning but I suspect that they have pre loaded two schedules onto the kiln already - Pr1 will be a garaging schedule and Pr2 will be a batch annealing schedule. OR...it may be the other way round. One way to check: Make sure you have nothing in the kiln and find Pr1. Activate the kiln by pressing the start button. You may have to do this twice. The kiln should start to climb in temperature. If it climbs really really quickly you have the garaging program, and if it climbs at a moderate rate (about 5 degrees a minute or thereabouts) you have the batch annealing program.

They've pretty much done it for you - i.e. it should be set up and as long as you choose the right prog it will do it automatically. You can of course change the presets if you want a quicker slower ramp, etc. but you will need to RTFM (read the manual) for that. Failing that - give them a ring in the morning.

By the way I am assuming the kiln comes with the KCR1 controller. If so - you need to plug the kiln into the socket on the KCR1 controller and then plug the controller into a normal 13A wall socket. If you plug the kiln's plug straight into the wall it'll fry.

If you're still having trouble talk to Kilncare or PM me and I'll talk you through it on the phone.

toodlesandbinks

I've read the manual .... trust me that is no good for me all I get is blah...blah....blah from it - as I said techno retard.

It has 9 programs set in already batch, garaging, etc but not sure if I can just use it empty on batch for the first firing .... I am ringing Lee - god bless him, getting me first thing on a Monday morning he will need a strong drink afterwards.

Hugs
Kay
xox

Krysia@No98

RING LEE.

Seriously he will be more then happy to help and will not think you are an idiot or treat you like one.

So just in case you missed it the first time RING LEE  ;)
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Lee - Kilncare

Hi matey, I know our James has now sorted you but just as a reference for other. There really isn't any need to fire this kiln to 500c. It is already done. That section is there really to just get the customer used to messing with the controller and make sure everything seems ok but, seeing as all the programs are already used on the ACE, I agree, it is confusing so I'm gonna remove it from the instructions immediately.

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

toodlesandbinks

ah hhaaaa thank you (and thank you to James for being a superdooper listener too!!).

Just shows if you want to idiot proof instructions just given them to me.

Bless you honey ... now all I need to do is undo my jubilee clip and I can make beads.
Hugs
Kay
xox

Lee - Kilncare

TWITTER @kilncare
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK FOR THE LATEST ON US.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-On-Trent-United-Kingdom/Kilncare-Ltd/238801689732

Redhotsal

Quote from: toodlesandbinks on May 28, 2012, 12:47:33 PM

Bless you honey ... now all I need to do is undo my jubilee clip and I can make beads.

:o

(I knew there was something I forgot to do this morning.....!)  ;)

toodlesandbinks

ahh yes the battle of the jubilee clip - I had the devil's own job getting it undone to attach my MAP, but done now.

Hugs
Kay
xox