Help! Probs hooking up new Minor & oxycon...

Started by Kimster, May 26, 2012, 11:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimster

Just checking....is a 4.8mm diameter hose a correct diameter for attaching up to Minor & flashback arrestor? Having helluva job getting it on to the torch! I have just managed to get it on the other end & used a lemon clip, but where I've pinched the loops closed on the lemon clip, looks like I've pinched a tiny bit of hose as well  :( Prob best not to start something like this on a sat when MArtin isn't on the end of a phone for 2 days!) Should I take the whole thing off & start again with a wider diameter hose? Help!!

helbels

Hi

It sounds right to me.  It should be a REALLY tight fit - I had to put washing up liquid on the end of mine to even get it on, and yes, when I first did it there was a tiny bit of hose trapped in the lemon connection - it never caused a problem.

Hope that helps x

Kalorlo

My hose has 6mm printed on it - it was one from Martin.

As well as the washing up liquid, I think you can put the end in hot water to expand it a bit (but dry it off first!)

julieHB

I have one from Martin as well, so I expect it is a 6mm ID. I have also seen people use 8mm ID. I don't know whether the thinner hose has any ill effects, apart from being a pain to put on (I thought mine was hard!)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Kimster

Thanks all - all squeezed on & seems to be working fine...off camping now!