Do you stand up to work?

Started by Kimster, May 15, 2012, 06:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBeads

If you scroll down a bit further before you add your reply I think you avoid being caught up in the quote box!   ;D

Kimster

Quote from: BeeBeads on May 15, 2012, 11:10:17 PM
If you scroll down a bit further before you add your reply I think you avoid being caught up in the quote box!   ;D

Try again!!

Jellybean

BeeBeads

Kimster

Quote from: BeeBeads on May 15, 2012, 11:10:17 PM

Yay! thanks BBB. I can retire to bed happy... ;D

BeeBeads

You'll be doing it all the time now!   ;D

Kimster

Quote from: BeeBeads on May 15, 2012, 11:17:22 PM
You'll be doing it all the time now!   ;D

I'm just showing off now  ::)

BeeBeads

★★Terri★★

I tend to stand.  I might start by sitting......but after a while I realise that I'm standing again.............it happens as an involuntary action, no matter what I am making beads, ceramics etc.  Doesn't matter what the height of the workbench is either.....still end up standing.

Pat from Canvey

Don't forget that when using the quote option, you can delete that part of it that's not relevant. It keeps the Forum tidier.

Scubeadoo

Both stand and sit.
My work bench is high enough to stand at comfortably and i managed to get hold of one of those extra high office chairs cheaply at a local secondhand shop.

In case you are wondering the chair looks like a normal office chair but raises much higher and has a metal ring footrest fitted above its 5 roller feet which can be adjusted for height so your feet don't dangle in the air when you are sitting!.
www.etsy.com/shop/Scubeadoo
www.folksy.com/shops/Scubeadoo

Kimster

Thanks Scoobeadoo. I'm on the look out now for a length of worktop to make a 'perfect height' workbench. I'm about average height (5' 6") but I find average height worktops a bit too low. Would it matter that I'll be sort of looking down on the bead & flame? (unless I fix it about 5'high!)  :)

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: Scubeadoo on May 18, 2012, 07:42:17 AM

In case you are wondering the chair looks like a normal office chair but raises much higher and has a metal ring footrest fitted above its 5 roller feet which can be adjusted for height so your feet don't dangle in the air when you are sitting!.

Draughtsman's chairs, I have one in my big shedio so I can sit comfortably when I'm sewing.

This is the one I have, but I got it in one of their advertised sales (sign up and you'll get loads of sale brochures, never pay full price) was easy to assemble and has lasted for years.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Margram

The other thing I've seen people do is screw the torch onto thick blocks of wood to raise it up (make sure everything is secure) :)
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

nete

My OH is a welder and I have taken over his metalwork bench in the workshop, so everything is all metal. It is quite high and I didn't want to stand all the time. I tried to get a high chair with wheels so I could scoot out of the way of flying glass but apparantly they don't make 'em with wheels, cos the elf & safety police say they're dangerous! So I bought an old office stool with wheels on for two quid from the boot sale and hubby welded a longer piece of pole onto it and voila - job done!
My arm rests are a couple of lumps of iron (used for shaping wrought iron stuff), oh and by the way, my torch set up is a welders cutting torch!! :D So there ya go. ;D
Nete