head or heart? colour storage

Started by Pauline, May 07, 2012, 08:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sea-thistle

I put mine in colours,makes and COE together, other COE's are in separate storage so hopefully I don't get mixed up!

BeeBeads

Quote from: sarah t on May 07, 2012, 08:39:56 AM
i have mine divided into makes with the basics nearest the chair  

I do this too.  :D

mizgeorge

Oh the luxury :)

Mine's wherever it will fit.....

noora

I vote for colour too :) I've marked tubes with CiM rods with green tape and Reichenbach with red. Or was it the other way around? ::) In any case I know the ones without tape are Effetre. Silver glass and single rods I've bought for sampling are kept separate so that I won't use them by accident.

OT: George, I sent you a PM the other day. Did you receive it?  :)

sea-thistle

I keep my silver glass completely separate as I made am expensive error with a rod of TAG glass lol

Pauline

Quote from: noora on May 07, 2012, 01:21:14 PM
I vote for colour too :) I've marked tubes with CiM rods with green tape and Reichenbach with red. Or was it the other way around? ::) In any case I know the ones without tape are Effetre. Silver glass and single rods I've bought for sampling are kept separate so that I won't use them by accident.

excellent idea, I think that is what I will do......mmmm maybe holographic tape for the expensive ones! ;D ;D ;D

thank you all, I love the help on this forum.  no matter how long you think things through and can't find an answer, someone comes along and says something so simple and obvious that you wonder why you ddidn't think of it ??? ??? ???

BeeBeads

Quote from: sea-thistle on May 07, 2012, 01:28:56 PM
I keep my silver glass completely separate as I made am expensive error with a rod of TAG glass lol

Oh yes, I'm completely useless with silver glass so I keep it as far away from my torch as possible ... I think it's still on a shelf at Tuffnells!   ;D

fionaess

Soft glass by colour (non labelled except for DH) and in a different place boro glass, and every rod of my boro is labelled, because you/I  can't tell from the rod what it is, apart from some really obvious ones

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Lyn G

Mine are stored in tubes by make and then colour.   :)

But then I've got lots of other large glass jugs with just single rods of Lauscha in, or Bullseye, or Double Helix.  I'd like to have them all in tubes really, but never seem to get around to getting more and cutting them up.   :(

SallyR

By colour here as well, in plastic pipes, but with any single rods grouped in beer mugs (blues, greens, neutrals etc).

But however you do it, it seems you've always got to reorganise when you get a new colour ... unless you've got the luxury of enough space to leave gaps for the ones you haven't got!  ;D

Sally
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want ...

LilLizaJane

Colour, me. Rainbow order, with black, clear, white and ivory nearest to my torch. DH, multi-colour, special stuff separate. Opaques also separate from transparents.
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

Pat from Canvey

My tubes are not organised. I just remember where each colour sits so that if I ask DH to  get me say an orange while beading, I can tell him to go left or right and which row. New colours I just add to the top of the stack.

lampworklover

oh dear, going to buck the trend here; mine are completely random, no system whatsoever! 'Expensive' single rods are separate to all the glasscube stuff though, in a special mayonnaise jar  ;D

Glyn Burton

I am with lampworklover on this, just bung it on the shelves and get on with making the beads. Having said that I do keep different COE's seperate.

Pat from Canvey

Quote from: Glyn Burton on June 09, 2012, 11:20:16 PM
Having said that I do keep different COE's seperate.
So do I but it's easy as most of my COE 96 is in flat strips cut from sheet. A bit difficult to get those confused with rods. My boro sits on a windowsill in a large jug while other COE's are in cut down wine bottles of different colours.