Goldstone ribbons

Started by lantana, May 01, 2012, 01:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lantana

ooh, thanks for the tips, I have had some success today using them on their side to trail. Will post some pics later  :)

lantana

I have had some success today, this was one of 3, the other 2 cracked - grrrr. You can clearly see the goldstone. I used a black base.

SRJ

Lantana - That is lovely!

Margram

Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Glyn Burton

I always make my own goldstone stringers, its cheaper and you can make them as thick or thin as you like. Lumps of goldstone from Martin are quite cheap and last ages. Chip a bit off the lump with a hammer warm it in the back of the flame and stick it on to a rod, encase and pull out to required thickness. Simple as that.

Redhotsal

....But don't do what I did when I first started beadmaking and dunk a massive big lump of it straight into the flame. I spend an unhappy evening picking the bits out of my face. Preheating the larger lumps in the kiln will work much better.

Dee Dee

The bead is lovely!  Some great tips too, like the twisty idea, and I have never thought of encasing goldstone with rubino - definitely something to try!  Anyone got any pics of these??

jammie

great ideas here thanks...I've made the goldstone stringers but not tried with light amethyst, and have the bluestone ribbons but wasn't having much luck with them so will try the ideas here too!  :)

Kathy

I've made some stringers encased in Rubino after seeing this thread - but haven't tried them yet!!! :D Will let you know the outcome ;)