Cube press?

Started by Amber, April 04, 2012, 11:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

I'd love a cube press, but was just wondering whether it is difficult to use? I'm not a great one for presses, I really only use my Kalera and SS lentil, so I don't want to waste money on it if I can't get to grips with it  :o

awrylemming

Nope, not difficult at all, in fact it's one of the easiest I have.  It's just a case of making a nice dimpled round bead, then squashing the heck out of it.  If it's not quite bit enough, I add one small dot on each of its faces and the melt it round again and re-press, just don't overfill it.  It's a lovely press, very effective, and the shape is very popular with my customers.   ;)

spexy

Where did you get it from Sue?

awrylemming

Aha, now that would be telling.  A rather nice lady on the forum sold it to me, it wasn't up for sale anywhere, but she knew I was looking for one.  I have the Bavarian beads Cubes 2, excellent choice of sizes and easy to use.

Trudi

Quote from: awrylemming on April 04, 2012, 02:07:50 PM
Nope, not difficult at all, in fact it's one of the easiest I have.  It's just a case of making a nice dimpled round bead, then squashing the heck out of it.  If it's not quite bit enough, I add one small dot on each of its faces and the melt it round again and re-press, just don't overfill it.  It's a lovely press, very effective, and the shape is very popular with my customers.   ;)

Yep _ I got one from from here http://www.bavarianbeads.com/product_info.php?products_id=88

Lotti

I love the cubes you do Sue and was thinking about one of these, the shape is sooo satisfying.  I think Marie Louisa - Beadpress does them too?

Amber

Looks like you've talked me into it! Thanks for the feedback  :)