MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - APRIL 2012 - WINNERS ARE NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, April 03, 2012, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spexy

Donna@Rockin' Beads

What lovely beads everyone. Here are my offering - Light amber....

animal print beads by Rockin' Beads, on Flickr

spexy

Madam Steph

They are real 'juicies' Cecilia.

Now remind me why you are one of my fave beadmakers?  ;D

Linda x

Lotti

Such lovely pieces on here, love all the variety of colours and effects with amber.  I have tried to make a couple of things for this challenge and for whatever reason they have all ended up in the pot, except my first 'non hippo' goddess (thank you to Magpie for her notes on this).  Here is my golden girl!

She could do with a bit more flesh on her back and a better defined spine and I really must make sure I use the straight edge of the knife and not the serated edge!  I think she is my alter ego, somewhere there is a tiny waist lurking inside me!  :o :o ;D  Oh and Mark says her pointy bits are too pointy!  :o ::) ;D

Madam Steph

Lovely topper, Kay and I like your newstyle goddess, Lotti  ;D

Linda x

Madam Steph

Quote from: awrylemming on April 18, 2012, 12:43:30 PM
I actually managed to get something made with the amber.

SDC12677 by awrylemming, on Flickr

I forgot what a lovely colour it is to work with, fab choice.

I can see it now Sue...without my lenses  :D
Very nice

Linda x

noora

Such lovely beads   :)

I played around a bit:

It's all mid amber, funny how different it looks depending on how you use it. The one with aurae scrollwork at the right must have been fumed by the aurae, the colour is so different from the rest.

Amber

faystuart

My first offering to the monthly colour challenge.

Helped greatly by the youtube offering by Kristina Logan - I'm quite pleased as it's my first attempt at one of these beads but still need lots of PPP :D

CIMG0115 by faystuart, on Flickr

Thanks
Fay x

Blue Box Studio

I've been busy making more hearts, thanks to Janet lending me her press (and me falling in love and ordering one).  There's a hint of a commission for some heart necklaces so this amber collection was just a few of the ones I've been making.

More hearts by Blue Box Studio, on Flickr
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

JKC

Hi Sue, they look great.  You are welcome, only got to use it once, really liked it though, but knew I would be too busy to use it again until after my first fair this weekend.  I have the flat diagonal trio and the one for off mandrel similar to that too, should you be thinking of trying more.   Janet x

Blue Box Studio

Thanks Janet.  I'm quite pleased with these.  I might try the others another time.  Hopefully yours will be with you in a day or so, posted last night.  Thanks again x
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

JaySpangles

At last I have something to enter. 
This little lot is called 'Little Piglet' cos they were done from Corina Tettinger's Groundhog Day tutorial. The decorations include amber and goldstone.  I love the way the ivory makes the edges of the black go fuzzy, but I can't remember which black to use to keep crispy edges (I would have to call those 'Crispy Crackling' if I got crispy edges I suppose!) Thinking up names is almost as much fun as making the beads (well a bit almost).

IMG_0016 by JaySpangles, on Flickr