Main Menu

SRA

Started by jammie, January 25, 2012, 02:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammie

I am a loss as to what to do with trying to get myself registered with them. I have emailed my details about 6 different times now over about a years time and still nothing. Should I just keep trying every few weeks!  :(

Trudi

It did take me a few attempts ... not as many as you though. Keep at it x

chipperpottery

When I had not heard, I emailed her and then it happened very quickly.

GaysieMay

I had an email saying that that they'd received my application and that she would be passing it on to the appropriate person, about 6months ago so I sent a reply to that recently earlier this month I think.  Still nothing, its a shame because I do think that non glassy people find it quite important - I feel unworthy  :'(
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

jammie

Jeanniegems

When I first joined they added my link to their site but it was wrong, have emailed loads of times to try to get them to correct it over the past three years, its still wrong though. At least I'm in

Jeannie x
www.jeanniegems.co.uk
www.jeanniegems.etsy.com

c-glass

I am the same,I recently emailed my details again, as I tried to join the past 2 years....still nothing is it too soon to try again?? I would love to be part of sra  :-[ :'(

Passionatelamper

I just kept emailing I mean I badgered them and finally they relented...apparently there had been a lot going on ...just keep trying you will get there in the end..I am sure of it.. ::)

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Hotglass28

You can still call yourself a SRA but just not show the logo.

I bet if you showed the "logo" illegally,  ::) they would be on your tail quicker than a rat up a drainpipe.  ;D

Pretty poor that you have to badger them half to death for this, or is that me being picky?

If it's that hard to be noticed and feel "worthy" then count me out.  I'm pretty confident without a logo on any page in the future with my work on it, and so should everyone else.

I shall get my coat

www.facebook.com/pages/The-Owl-Goes-Hoot/567182803365298
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheOwlGoesHoot?ref=l2-shopheader-name

mizgeorge

This might be a bit controversial, but I think it's a load of old tosh. Anyone who submits a couple of pictures of their beads and show they've got a torch gets a number. If they've got the right surname, that is, and are on the right list. If not, you can wait for years. The words "We do not judge your style or quality levels, however" just go to say how little it means.

For those that need a title, we're all self-representing artists, regardless of a logo or number, and certainly don't need some sort of validation from an overseas scheme to hold our heads up and say we make things that we're proud of, and that are worth buying.

(Steps down from soapbox)

Emerald

What she said  ;D from  some of the sites I have seen sporting this sign I won't be bothered to join
Jo

www.etsy.com/shop/jowalker68
www.jowalkerstudiojeweller.co.uk
www.flickr.com/account

Hotglass28

George, those were the intelligent words I was trying to find.  You nicked them innit  ;D

jammie

Okaaaay!!   :)
See I hadn't really thought about it like that. I thought when I started torching it would be something worth having, mostly I guess because a lot of lampworkers I admire have the logo and it's been made a big thing of in some ways,  people being happy getting it, the blurbs about being a self representing artist etc, though when I think about it , probably more so in the US than here.  Now listening to what you're saying, thinking about the fact it doesn't actually do jack, and  that I'm pretty fed up contacting them, it's giving me a whole new way of looking at it!

Hotglass28

Remember you can call yourelf a SRA because thats what we are anyway  :)

Lakelady

Quote from: mizgeorge on January 26, 2012, 10:46:24 PM
This might be a bit controversial, but I think it's a load of old tosh. Anyone who submits a couple of pictures of their beads and show they've got a torch gets a number. If they've got the right surname, that is, and are on the right list. If not, you can wait for years. The words "We do not judge your style or quality levels, however" just go to say how little it means.

For those that need a title, we're all self-representing artists, regardless of a logo or number, and certainly don't need some sort of validation from an overseas scheme to hold our heads up and say we make things that we're proud of, and that are worth buying.

(Steps down from soapbox)

Hooray!   ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art