Main Menu

WD40!

Started by Amber, August 21, 2007, 09:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber

Just thought this might be useful...

All the beads I've made so far were stuck on the mandrels. I tried everything - rubber gloves, pliers, soaking, tapping on concrete, but they wouldn't budge. Then I tried spaying some WD40 on the mandrel just above the bead and leaving it overnight for it to soak into the bead release. Tonight I got all the beads off the mandrels (with quite a lot of help from hubby...)! It's still an effort, but, hey, it works!  :D

Needless to say, I won't be using the blue sludge again; just waiting for my FosterFire to arrive!

Dragonfire Glass

I don't suppose it disoolves bead release too does it ....?

Sulis (Hazel)

Hehehe - trusty old WD40, it's amazing all the uses you can find for it! This is a great one!  :D
Hazel x

Maikki

It is weird, many people here have told they can not get their beads out of mandrels, when they are using blue sludge. I do not like it either, but opposite reason: beads come loose pretty easily, when I am making them. And I have let them dry well before starting to make beads. Maybe it has something to do with the climate? I had some grey stuff earlier, do not know the name because i bought it from other person who had a big jar of it. It worked fine. Now I am waiting a order with some new release in it.
Maija-Leena