creative gallery archive 2012

Started by CindiDee, January 16, 2012, 02:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindiDee

I made this for a friends birthday tomorrow - the bead isn't brilliant but I'm chuffed with the card/giftbox!  Not sure she'll like the pendant 'cos she doesn't 'get' what I do and is never very complimentary but she's a huge fan of fairies and the colour purple so I'm hoping the box will detract from the rest of it  ;D ;D
Hope you like!

Oh, sorry for the poor (and huge!) photos  :o - couldn't get them to go smaller!

CindiDee

Thanks so much all for your kind words - she loved it so I needn't have been so worried!!

Here's a bigger photo of the box for anyone who was interested - the first one was a bit tiny  :-[

soulsilver

My hubby has been off work with an infection in his knee and we don't often share a common interest but I thought he would enjoy this (he is an engineer) so I dragged him out to the shed and this is what we produced:

First attempt at a Heistad Cup by soulsilver1, on Flickr

First attempt at a Heistad Cup by soulsilver1, on Flickr

Fold forming by soulsilver1, on Flickr

Graeme's go at Fold forming by soulsilver1, on Flickr

first and second by soulsilver1, on Flickr

SilverGems89

I bought some candle making equipment from Mandy (rockpooljewels) and collected it this morning, well of course as soon as i got home i wanted to make some, and here they are!

First ever candles by SilverGems89, on Flickr
Antique ivory with gardenia scent, so fresh out of the moulds they don't have wicks yet!
I'm really chuffed with them, can't wait for them to cure properly so i can light one!

Carl

P1010008 by carl.grigg, on Flickr

Just started a jewellery course and this is my second piece. The cross could have been cut better and there are way too many tool marks but I like it. Not something I would wear but the design came to me and I learnt allot making it.

chipperpottery

I made these ceramic beads, thought I would try them on Etsy?

William Morris Beads by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

Ceramic Rounds by Avalon Beads, on Flickr

ChrissieBeads

http://pinterest.com/pin/206954545346501090/
Not by me (I can't sew!) but my daughter has made this for her textiles AS class. I'm so impressed!

ChrissieBeads

I think she may be exaggerating the nonchalance, but yes, I'm a very proud mummy today. I Cant even thread the sewing machine!

Diane

What a lovely dress - and a very talented daughter :)
Diane x

polly put the kettle on

What a clever girl you have i sure she will go far  :)

sally x
sallyx

flame n fuse

when I was at school (a few years ago)  ;), we had to make our own summer dresses in the 6th form, or wear the winter uniform - was a great incentive to learn! These days I never get further than making curtains.

ChrissieBeads

I tried to hem some ready made curtains once. It was an expensive disaster!

Emerald

so following on from the Coptic Stitch Books that i gave away last month I made my first Leather Journal (the Leather was of not very good quality if leather at all ) really enjoyed making these just need to find a better supplier but good practice

SAM_0180 by jowalker2368, on Flickr

SAM_0179 by jowalker2368, on Flickr
Jo

www.etsy.com/shop/jowalker68
www.jowalkerstudiojeweller.co.uk
www.flickr.com/account

Les

A new(ish) distraction ... I'd like to share my first few silk paintings with you guys ... well the first few that I am VERY chuffed with ;D

Apologies in advance to those who have already seen them elsewhere ..

I can't believe the buzz I am feeling just now ... I feel like I should be painting constantly right now ! I can only get better with practise eh !

1 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

2 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0466small by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_0467 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

And mounted differently ..

IMG_0469 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

There ... sorry for the hog, but you know how it is when you are so excited about something new ... now where are those paints !

Thanks for looking xx

Les

... but hey ... with scenery like this, how can one fail to feel inspired ?? :) Credit goes to the beautiful Peak :)

317858_10150397461743973_547703972_10204121_1530239899_n by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

hare by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

396931_10150571589638973_547703972_11030794_1563292000_n by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

:)

Sorry for the Peak National Park advertising pitch ;)