Main Menu

Single dapping punches

Started by Lakelady, December 31, 2011, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakelady

Hello, 

I have bought a set of dapping punches, which are great but I need one or two larger ones - does anyone know if these can be bought separately (have seen them on Ebay from the US but postage is prohibitive!), as I don't really need another whole set and probably won't use a few of the ones I already have either!
Thanks  ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Blue Box Studio

I used to have a set of 3 large ones which I am sure I got from Cookson Gold.  They were much larger than the normal sets, but granted not cheap :(
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Lakelady

Thanks Sue.  Just had a look....mmm, very expensive!  Would most likely only need the smallest one.  Might have to look for second hand!
Turner Rowe Glass Art

squirsygirl

Lakelady

Around 2cms I guess, maybe a few mm more but not much.  The biggest I have is about 1cm.  :)
Turner Rowe Glass Art

mizgeorge

For odd sizes, a wooden set's always a good bet. Palmers have a nice set of five (going up to really quite big) and they also have a set of two with a wooden doming block (these sets can also be found on ebay). These are very good value, and you're far less likely to damage metal with them.

Lakelady

Thanks!  I looked at those but wasn't sure if wood would be ok.  May be affordable after all!
Turner Rowe Glass Art

squirsygirl

Quote from: Lakelady on December 31, 2011, 05:17:19 PM
Around 2cms I guess, maybe a few mm more but not much.  The biggest I have is about 1cm.  :)

Hmmm, I don't quite have anything that size, but I might have something that would work for you.

I'll see if I can get a photograph to you, if you like?

Kirsty

Blue Box Studio

I forgot about my wooden set - do you know any friendly wood turners? 
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr