Can I get away with a smidgen of dichro?

Started by Lush!, December 15, 2011, 11:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Depends on the size .. I made a bead with 104 glass and used some of the BE 90 very thin dichro stringer about 3 years ago and it's still intact!!

But if I were you, I'd keep hold of it for a while just incase!

Lush!

Thanks for all the replies - its still intact, for now!

Trudi, do you still sell the 104 dichro?

Sue, thanks for the offer.  I do have a few rods of Bullseye and have ordered some Schott clear so I've got some other stuff to play with.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Trudi

I have a few bits kicking about - pretty sure I have a purple. If you PM me Julie I'll check if I have any others in the morning for you!

T x

Trudi

Re the bullseye ... I have found with the sizzle sticks, if I melt in flat I always get scumming (no matter how careful I am) I have to leave this as a raised design ... with other coe90 glass I'm fine! Anyone else have this issue??

awrylemming

Yes, same problem here, unless I encase it first.  I have been using the copper dichro with Bullseye and that works reasonably well.

Trudi

I get it even if I encase it .. at first I thought I'd caught it in the flame too long, but I tried it again with the same result. So I'm just thinking it doesn't like it  >:(
So I just use other coe90 if I want to melt it flush!

flame n fuse

I got my stringers mixed up and fused a 10 cm piece of effetre twisty into a 20 x 20 cm piece of bullseye and it popped out after a week, leaving a very neat gap!

jobead

I had some 104 Dichro but I can't remember where I got it from, never tried 90 although I have some of that too. Lets hope it survives it's a beautiful bead.

Lakelady

That's interesing as I have a slab of Bullseye dichro and no Bullseye glass (only had one rod and used that up) and didn't know whether to chance it with 104 - think I will wait until I have a stash of Bullseye!  Such a lovely bead - hope it continues to exist in one piece!   ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

awrylemming

Quote from: Trudi on December 15, 2011, 09:37:35 PM
I get it even if I encase it .. at first I thought I'd caught it in the flame too long, but I tried it again with the same result. So I'm just thinking it doesn't like it  >:(
So I just use other coe90 if I want to melt it flush!

Would you like me to send you one of the Bullseye dichro stringers that I've pulled from the copper stuff?  It'd probably be after Xmas now though.

Trudi

Hi sue, thanks for the offer, but I have some of that, very kind if you to offer x