New Redhotsal E-Tutorial Blossom Bead Technique

Started by Redhotsal, December 05, 2011, 12:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Mine is set up the same way and I always follow up with an email to check that it downloaded okay, don't think there's ever been a problem.  I just wish Etsy had a similar facility.

Have you listed it on Etsy, Sal?  If not, you should!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Redhotsal

Thanks Julie,

Yes, it is also on Etsy - though it's not exactly the same price due to their dollar rate and I could work out how to price it in pounds as opposed to dollars - even though it displays people's stuff in sterling  ???.

I think that's a good idea to check with an email - it didn't occur to me that there may be more than one email address involved in the transaction.

Lush!

I can't remember exactly how I changed my currency to £, but I just had a quick look on the Etsy home page and right at the very bottom there is a clickable line that says

English (UK) / £ British Pound / United Kingdom

Maybe you can click on that and change your settings?

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Redhotsal

Kalorlo

There are two places to change the £ settings: one is just to display everything in pounds for you, the other is one of your shop settings to actually list in pounds.

Shop Settings > Shipping and Payment > Currency tab.

Charli

I'm not very good at making the blossom-y bits go all the way up the bead! PPP needed!

Redhotsal

Hi Charli,
They're good - not bad at all!  ;D ;D ;D Making the blossomy bit go all the way up is a common problem for people new to the technique. The problem is a mixture of either making the disc too thick (you can mash it thinner when you have made it) or it's often because the implosion process has gone too quick. Try slowing it down and gentle mashing/heating. The more you flatten the disc the further in the blossoms will go, although if you mash too much you will distort the disc and that will make your blossoms uneven. Hope this helps?

Charli

Thank Sal, I'll try mashing my disks a bit more. Currently they're at about 3mm thickness, have now found my mini-mashers so I'll try them this week! Don't think I can melt them down much slower, I'm on a hot head and work outside so in this weather it takes forever to do anything! These are well fun to make!