mega minor instructions

Started by Pauline, November 18, 2011, 09:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauline

I need more 2.4 mandrels :P :P :P :P
I can't believe how good it is
I am in love, DH move over
the flame looked too small and cold but set it up as found on here, and it worked, the glass melted as easily as cheese on toast.
I decided to just do 2 simple donut beads from each of my transparent blues and turquoises (so I could check for colour changes) but I did all them, then all my blues and started on the purples and ambers.  On the hothead I was doing 10 at most at a time.
I normally garage straight into the kiln as well, but decided to use bubbles this time.....ok how long before I can take them out and peep safely???

I still have 30 1.6's though......... and some opaques to try out.....and then the bullseye that needed re homing because it was orphaned on ebay..... ;) ;)
Pauline

Lakelady

Ha ha!  That's what I was like - still am!   I think it's safe to have a look after an hour or so. I still have to sit on my hands - waiting for the kiln now!  Sounds like you are on a roll  ;D
Turner Rowe Glass Art

Glyn Burton

Its good practice to paint all joints and connections with soapy water to check for leaks every time you connect up a new gas bottle. Just make up a solution of washing up liquid and water and apply liberally if there is leak it will blow bubbles.
Propane is heavier than air so leaks can collect at floor level building up to dangerous levels so 5 minutes spent checking is worthwhile.
Glad you sorted out your leak and enjoy your new torch.