upgrading...chicken or egg?

Started by lampworklover, November 13, 2011, 12:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lampworklover

I *think* I know the answer to this one, but really need to check....

at the moment I'm using my Hothead, and would like to upgrade at some point; but it's a question of funds. I'm thinking that a Minor would suit me. Is it possible/ practical to actually use a 'bigger' torch without the Oxygen element (either cylinder or Oxycon)? I am right, aren't I, in thinking that these torches are dual-fuel only?

(I have seen both torches and oxycons for sale, but don't yet have anough saved for both.)

If that is the case, i need to wait until I can afford both, rather than buying a torch then not being able to use it!

sorry to be such a numpty ;D

sparrow

You are right, hun - looks like you'll need to hang in there a bit longer  :-*
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

lampworklover

poledra1958

That paypal £5000 wish list that they are advertising.  You can add a minor torch and oxycon (via Off Mandrel) to it.   I started one today and added them  ;D  Not that I expect to win it but you can always hope.

HH on Bulk,

lampworklover

Quote from: poledra1958 on November 13, 2011, 05:11:24 PM
That paypal £5000 wish list that they are advertising.  You can add a minor torch and oxycon (via Off Mandrel) to it.   I started one today and added them  ;D  Not that I expect to win it but you can always hope.

oh, and a pink kiln!!

poledra1958

Quote from: lampworklover on November 13, 2011, 05:23:13 PM
Quote from: poledra1958 on November 13, 2011, 05:11:24 PM

oh, and a pink kiln!!

Have not tried to add a kiln yet as I wanted the Prometheus Pro-7 Kiln but could not add that from Tuffnells site  >:(  and I do not have room for a Maxi and wanted something bigger than the bead cube.

HH on Bulk,