Frit-Happens !
December 07, 2019, 11:22:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uploading right size photos for etsy  (Read 1911 times)
Yellow friend
Forum Member

« on: November 09, 2011, 08:24:26 AM »

Wasn't sure which thread to put this on but I have uploaded a picture on etsy and basically the thumbnail only shows the top part of the necklace - you have to take the trouble to click on it to see the whole thing.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85328194/plum-pearl-necklace-with-an-aquarium?ref=pr_shop

Should I retake it  & resize it (it's not a great pic anyway).  I've only listed about 6 things on etsy and they've all been single beads or pendants - I always struggle with photographing necklaces and getting it all in focus.

Thanks
Shelia

Lush!
Julie
Forum Member

Queen of Buttons :0)

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 08:28:49 AM »

Go back into edit and swap the position of the two photos so the bead pic shows up as the  main one.

garishglobes
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »

Or crop it, so that half the necklace strand shows as well as the bead? It'd give the idea of being a necklace, letting the imagination fill in the remainder. Then, since you have 5 photos anyway, put the whole pic as an extra photo.

Yellow friend
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:36:06 AM »

OK - will do  Smiley

Thanks

Shelia

mizgeorge
Administrator

Or should that be missus?

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:36:26 AM »

Etsy likes square photos, so it's always worth cropping them to the right shape (and size - 1000px square is ideal) to be sure they'll show up as you want them to.

jammie
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »

Can you put them in flickr, go into piknic once you click on your pic and you can size, do the exposure and sharpen, I can use it and find it really good, before i had to wait till my OH would do it on photoshop , which is proabably a lot better but this way I can do the photographing from start to finish by myself.  Smiley

Yellow friend
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:25 AM »

Thanks ladies, I use an ancient version of Adobe which has all I need but knowing the size is very useful.

Cheers
Shelia

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: