Devilbiss Mini MC44 oxycon connection

Started by Lush!, November 04, 2011, 06:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Does anybody else have one of these oxycons?

I've been fiddling with the bluddy thing for the past hour and a half and just noticed a Tuffnells sticker on it so could have asked them for help - too late now though.

It doesn't take the usual green cone shaped screw connector so whenever I move it (trying to get an extra torch set up for teaching tomorrow) I really struggle to get a seal.

I've padded the hose with a bit of cut off hosing and am trying to tighten it onto the connector - just a short narrow pipe that sticks out from the oxycon at a right angle - with a jubilee clip or even cable ties.  I have lemon crimps but no tool to tighten them.

IF I can get a lemon-crimp-tightening-tool (name, anybody?  ???) from B&Q in the morning, will it work?

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

helbels

Julie, I just tightened my lemon clip with a huge pair of bog standard pliers.  It was hard, but if you squeeze like billyo, it's possible.

MangoBeads

Julie i dont think you will get the lemon clip pliers at b and q so that may be a wasted trip. But good pliers should do it if you have the lemon clips . Hope the weekend goes well :) xxx

MangoBeads

david says get electricians electrical tape wind it round the nozzle put the end of pipe in hot water and wedge over electrical tape bulge and then use a jubilee clip . You can make up any size with electrical tape :)

julieHB

Quote from: MangoBeads on November 04, 2011, 10:49:47 PM
david says get electricians electrical tape wind it round the nozzle put the end of pipe in hot water and wedge over electrical tape bulge and then use a jubilee clip . You can make up any size with electrical tape :)

That's what I did too - there's no point in using the lemon clips, a jubilee clip is ample.  Grrr, I hated those connections!!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Lush!

David to the rescue again! I don't know how I'd manage without all these other halves looking after me  ;D ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

firedinglass

Yep, that's what i used, a plain old jubilee clip  ( no idea what a lemon crimp is!)

www.facebook.com/firedinglass
http://www.etsy.com/shop/firedinglass
Lisa

HelenV

Mine's on just with a jubilee clip - I needed the hot water to stretch it on - and now I can`t get it off :-)

Hope you get it sorted xx

www.helenvanekdesign.co.uk
www.etsy.com/shop/helenvanekdesign

MangoBeads

Quote from: Lush! on November 05, 2011, 12:31:07 AM
David to the rescue again! I don't know how I'd manage without all these other halves looking after me  ;D ;D

:) I heard a whisper that there are plans a foot for a few other halfs to come your :) way shall I add David to the list !!!! he comes with half a dog :) :) :)