Which torch next ?

Started by Lynniebeads, October 17, 2011, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynniebeads

Hi everyone, I've been using my hothead since late august which works well and I've been really pleased with my beads I've made so far.(I must put some pics on)  however I recently spent a day with pandanimal ( julia ) and having a go on her minor it changed my opinion of the hh and feel a need for the quiet and quicker torch. I have been looking on the forum and on various other sites but just not sure which torch is for me. I'm liking the minor but also thinking about the mega minor as being another option with oxy con of course. Any advice is welcome ;0)
Many thanks
Lynne x

Lynnybobs

I would say that if you can make it to the flame off in April (and wait that long!!) you'll be able to try a few different torches and see what you like using most.
I think the minor is a popular choice though !
Lynnybobs
----x----

stuwaudby

I have minors, a mega and a midrange. I find the Mega Minor hard to control flame chemistry and the flame is not well defined. My reccomendation is to stick to a minor and then upgrade to a midrange if you need even more heat.

p.s.

I have a well used good condition Minor and a hardly use Mega Minor available for sale if you are interested.