Lets talk about Bullseye...

Started by helenfc, October 05, 2011, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helenfc

I really want to try some Bullseye (although it seems Off-Mandrel don't have it any more :( ) and would love some advice from you fellow lampies....
Firstly, where do you get it from?
Second, what sort of colours to start with (I usually use opaque, so thats what I would be most interested in)
Thirdly does anyone have some they would like to sell to me  :-[ :)
Finally, any resources you guys can point me to? I have done a forum search and most of it is on Fusing, but I am really looking for lampwork info, especially sculptural stuff with it.
Thanks  :-*

JKC

Hi Helen
Warmglass.co.uk still sell it, it is really nice to work with, I have used the rods and the sheet for fusing and beads, (both for both) great for dichro, aventurine rods, lustre etc.  A few more places used to sell it, such as liquid glass, but they and off-mandrel seem to have stopped, I believe, as it never quite got to be as popular.  You can also find it on ebay from uk suppliers.
Janet

aercraft

www.glassstudiosupplies.co.uk also sell it - there's also a brief working tip for each colour.
Anne

awrylemming

I use glass studio supplies also - not only do they sell at a good price, they have a good selection of odds and are extremely helpful.  They're not selling as much on ebay due to the overheads.  What colours did you want to try hun, I have a fair bit of bullseye  ::)

GaysieMay

I've used some too - but only to make murrini which I then put on a fused piece - I quite liked using it and will probably have another play at some point I've got some odd rods of orange and turquoise if you'd like to try it pm me your address and I'll send some.  I got mine from warm glass at last year's FO.  :)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Sarah A

I got mine from warm glass but haven't used it yet!  Warm glass do free postage on your first order too!

Madam Steph

Quote from: aercraft on October 06, 2011, 07:04:58 AM
www.glassstudiosupplies.co.uk also sell it - there's also a brief working tip for each colour.

I had a wander onto their site and they have some lovely stuff on there.
Not only that....they are in Wickford, Essex. Not a million miles from London, so thanks Aercraft and Sue  :) :)

helenfc

Thanks for the tips guys, that website looks good, I had never heard of it before ;D are there any must-have colours I should try out? Gosh I'm such a ditherer :) x

Madam Steph

I take that back, Aercraft and Sue.
I soooooooooooooooooo should not have gone there, but I can't resist now.
Amazing colours.
I already spend so much money on glass each month  ::)
Mustn't forget to blame Helen too  :D

Madam Steph

Hope this doesn't make me sound daft but, would I use the same annealling programme as I do with 104 coe?

garishglobes

I use glass studio supplies too. They have a great selection and are always quick to deliver.
You can use the same annealing schedule for bullseye and boro.

Mand

I've heard some of the pinks are pretty.  I think Katiequiggle had a fling with Bullseye a while back...

Madam Steph

awrylemming

The pinks are gorgeous, and they don't do horrid things in the flame.  The Sarah Hornik Mandalas tutorial gives lots of advice on Bullseye, which colours are good for stringers, working instructions etc - well worth a buy if you're going to get into this glass.

jazzylily

I love Bullseye - it mixes beautifully with Plowdens 93 coe I use it all the time
The coliurs are great adn very well behaved!
Pauline
PAULINE

www.jazzylily.com