Prestashop I know some of you have it.....

Started by ScarletLeonard, October 05, 2011, 04:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarletLeonard

I'm toying with the idea of setting up my .co.uk with prestashop. obviously I have my domain and hosting I've downloaded it and found myself a lovely theme to use with it (providing I can hack it enough to change the colours to what I want lol.)

I was going to grab the bull by the horns and just load it in on a directory for the time being to set it up (so my splash page stays put until I am ready.) But Just want to take a quick census of you guys, I see we have had one issue with payments recently is that true for the majority? will I be screaming at it by 7pm?

I am interested to know though
can I set up extra none shop pages? (I see I can import my WP blog to it.)
is the admin system easy? I tried the demo but it was all in spanish or something and couldn't see where to change the language.

Dragonfire Glass

I love it for the shop side of things, especially once I got the shipping sorted (thanks Julie HB) but I haven't found a way to have non-shop pages which I would really like, so I have started looking at other options.
Techie stuff goes over my head after a while so I can't even chage the look of my site even though I know it's possible.
But then I haven't had time to do much in that direction for too long  :(

ScarletLeonard

I have gone a little bull by the horns, I have it installed in a directory...

it is a confusing thing, the database tripped me up for a while, I was searching through code for it (I knew I had one, just didn't know who what why when and where.)
tried to make me create a paypal account, erm no I have one thanks and I want to use that (think that's sorted now...)

I think I may need the man's help on this one, I'm going to load the theme I picked in though and see if I can get it to look right.

Dragonfire Glass

ScarletLeonard

I'm giving in for the night, probably not working because my head is in the studio more than at the computer.

I'm off to melt some glass.

Veebee

Quote from: Failariel on October 05, 2011, 06:13:50 PM
I had no trouble linking it to paypal

Me either  :)

I love mine, you can have non website pages by going to Tools, CMS and adding pages there. I used that to create my T&C page and the like  ;)
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Dragonfire Glass

Quote from: Veebee on October 05, 2011, 07:13:45 PM
I love mine, you can have non website pages by going to Tools, CMS and adding pages there. I used that to create my T&C page and the like  ;)

I'll try that - thanks Vickie  ;D

ScarletLeonard

Got the page thing sorted yay! I had to scrub out the theme I had installed because it just wasn't compatible with the standard themes 'habits' could do it but can't be bothered to sift through the code. Maybe I'll go find another one that's a bit more friendly.

things do look better though after a good nights torching and sleep.