Lights for craft fair ?

Started by FrannyW, September 21, 2011, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrannyW

I've signed up for a couple of Christmas Craft Fairs / Markets and I'm going to need some lights for my stall. Can anyone recommend any ? What do you use ?

Thanks
Fran
www.runnyglass.com
Handmade glass beads, jewellery & gifts

elburnzo

i use two of these ones from ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10146337/

light, cheap, look nice and the base isnt big so it doesnt take up much room!

ScarletLeonard

I used to use those led battery lights. A little angled prop at the front of the stall with about 6 lights on it all shining on the lovely pretty things.

Means you don't need a power socket and to have to go through PAT testing.  
It also stops little fingers touching anything that's flat on the table.

elburnzo

meant to add tht i also have a set of the LED battery ones for outdoor fairs or just when i cant be bothered taking the bigger ones

jammie

What are the battery ones like? My lights are all in various stages of falling apart and I need some new ones.

sea-thistle

Quote from: elburnzo on September 21, 2011, 11:14:45 AM
i use two of these ones from ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10146337/

light, cheap, look nice and the base isnt big so it doesnt take up much room!

I've got those as well they are very good, alos some clip on lights I bought from there about 10 years or so ago, they are still going strong!! You can't buy them anymore:-( :(

ScarletLeonard

I had mine for 2 years running every weekend and they still work (we moved the lights now into various parts of the house that needed the extra.)

Lotti

Quote from: ScarletLeonard on September 21, 2011, 11:15:53 AM
I used to use those led battery lights. A little angled prop at the front of the stall with about 6 lights on it all shining on the lovely pretty things.

Means you don't need a power socket and to have to go through PAT testing.  
It also stops little fingers touching anything that's flat on the table.

Where can you get those from, I like the idea of battery, specially in places where they charge an arm and a leg for a plug and/or there aren't any! :)

tinker

You can get them from Hobbycraft with the daylight bulbs in, I think they're about £10 each though

Lotti

Quote from: tinker on September 21, 2011, 04:06:42 PM
You can get them from Hobbycraft with the daylight bulbs in, I think they're about £10 each though

Thanks. :)

ScarletLeonard

jammie

Blue Box Studio

I usually use whatever Homebase has with a long bendy neck so I can get it angled to where I want.  Then I discovered these http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00169635 - and now I've discovered they are in a sale, DH will be going to Ikea again very soon.  The freestanding version isn't bad either.
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Steampunkglass

I got some clip on lights from b&q a while ago - might also be worth checking with the fair/ markets as  a lot of them ask for them to be PAT tested or/and have low energy lamps to reduce the load on the circuits

Blue Box Studio

I get mine PAT tested, for my own safety as well as anyone elses - a big crate of lights and leads costs me about £25 a year.  At least I know I am safe after they've been roughly shoved around for a year.  Having said that, the last company that did them said it was a waste of time for lamps wioth 2 core flexes and the test looks for loose earth wires?  I do them because I have to, but is that right?
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr