What type of extraction?

Started by Ilona, July 20, 2007, 07:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilona

Hi,

I need your help in what type of extraction unit to get.

I have plenty of ventilation in my studio with a through draft, but I have been feeling a little under the weather, and want to be on the safe side.

So what sort of extraction unit is best? are cooker hoods any good?

Thanks for all replys in advance.

Ilona

Stacy

I'm not the best person to give advice on this but I'm sure I have seen a lot of people using cooker hoods.

Caroline

i have a cooker hood, i boxed the sides in around my work area so it just moves the air above where i work and not the whole garage

*rowanberry*

I use a hydroponics extraction unit calculated to extract the air from the whole shed but i have placed it just above my work area and attached a hose from it to go out of an open window. I also work with 2 windows open and sometimes the door too just to be sure.
Claire

beadysam

HUGE hydroponics fan in the shed next door to mine.  The piping comes through the wall of both sheds to come out above my torch.  It vents out the back of the other shed so that its far enough away from any make up air.  I have a corrugated roof that lets in shedloads of air as it isn't blocked of at all, and the door is always open when its warm enough.  I got the fan on ebay.

saffie

strangely enough i have just been looking this up too after browsing through old threads earlier. i came across this site and the prices are very reasonable i think they may work

www.bes.co.uk/products/179.asp

Hope this helps a little if i am way wide of base please can someone let me know as well!!
Cheers
Saffie

oops should have said it is the in line duct fan with ceiling kit i was thinking 150mm shifts 85l / second!!!

LittleHen

I just looked up hydroponic fan on ebay and got loads of drug stuff!  But it looks quite cheap really so I will look into investing as I can't stand the noise of fans...
Jessie  :o