Advice needed! Oxygen concentrator not working after mooving :(

Started by Metsepole, September 15, 2011, 03:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metsepole

I hope you can help me :)

I moved to my new studio with my equipment, bet there appeared some problem with my DeVibliss 4l Oxygen concentrator.
When attached oxygen pipe back to concentrator and switched it on, the level indicator first went up then quickly dropped down and then went down totally. Seems like when I attach the pipe to the corpus of concentrator it is leaking when not attached properly, but when I turn it untill the maximum, oxygen just does not get in to pipe, because there is no pressure as indicated by indicator, but when I remove pipe from concentrator, powerful stream of oxygen is hissing out of concentrator, even indicator goes up to maximum. I do not see any obstacles in pipe connector, what else should I do. I have switched it on and of 20 times, as well I have tried to attach and reattach pipe to the concentrator :(

Hoping for advice  ???

Steampunkglass

Sound like the oxycon is working, especially if when you remove the pipe it shoots up to max and you have oxygen coming out of it. I am not sure what the problem is, all I can suggest is checking the pipe thoughly for kinks, and check the torch too in case the valve is stuck  ??? you could always try disconnecting the torch to see if it blows through the pipe ok?  That way you might be able to narrow down the problem as from what you said it sounds like the oxy is working ??? ??? Beyond that I am not sure what else to suggest, hopefully a wiser soul will come along with the answer?

Hamilton Taylor

I agree with him ^^.
If the oxycon works with no tubing and torch attached, but the flow stops when you attach the torch, there is a blockage in the tube/torch system. Shouldn't take too long to find. Good news is, there seems to be no problem with the oxycon  :)

Sean

Joyce

Have you tried opening the oxygen on your torch. Some concentrators will only show the pressure when they have an open flow.

Hope you find what's wrong!

Metsepole

Thanks to you all for bothering ! :) after daring myself to try, try and try for one more time, it seems to be ok :) will go work now :)